Fairy Tail

Group Leader
The fiercest battle in this manga thus far is between the 1s and 10s rating

Good premise, but the series doesn't even get 100 chapters in before it pulls a transformation sequence from "Generic Naruto clone with decent twists that make it pretty good" to "My Idiot Wizard; Friendship is Mary Sue". Every opportunity for serious character growth is squandered, every new arc that might redeem the series is pissed away, and every villain is either one-dimensional, badly disjointed, or "redeemed" by the power of Mary Sue.

Dex-chan lover
"Fairy Tail" ? what a lame and stupid pun on "Fairy Tale" . how about "Fairy Fail" ? "Tairy Fail" ? lol .

fairy = (Northern England, US, derogatory, colloquial) An effeminate male .

i cant even get past the 1st few chapters , weekly manga are so trash , rubbish , garbage .

and do this manga and none piece / one piece of fece steal each other 's artstyle ?

@daywithoutgames This is why the Anime is better it has better art , Hype OSTs , decent animated fights in FT 2009 ( Season 1 , Fairy Tail 2014 Season 2
Just Fairy Tail 2018 the final series Season 3 has a lot of still images while Season 1 & 2 were noticeable but not as much as the final season 2018 ( season 3 )

If you watch the Anime & finish the final season 2018 then you can read Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest the canon sequel manga it's art is very good.

The original Fairy Tail manga in the begining had not that good art only waay later.

I recommend the Anime. Just to avoid confusion you start with Fairy Tail 2009 then Fairy Tail 2014 and then last Fairy Tail 2018 Final Series. + Anime feels much more complete than the manga especially the final arc it was rushed in the manga back in 2017.

Dex-chan lover
this series may have been very cliche, power of friendship saves everything trash. but it was enjoyable trash, for me at least

If you are reading this before you decide to read this or not, then I'll make it short:

This manga is pretty bad with a good twist here and there.

The author abuses the same plot devices over and over.

Most of the time, the battles are won by the power of friendship.

The only good thing, so to speak, is the fan service, but even that gets old fast.

I'll be real here- this series isn't actually all that good. It has some interesting twists here and there like with the
zeref and natsu being related
kind of thing, but other than that, it's very generic and cliché. The fact that pretty much all the main characters are just Mary Sues who bullsh*t their way through things with "the power of friendship" like it's on some my little pony drugs doesn't help its case either. The story also gets bland over time- it's basically just taking and reusing the same premise of "villain comes and gets defeated with friendship" over and over again.

Dex-chan lover
Read his previous work Rave instead.
So much better.

Group Leader
i liked this when i was a kid
got repetitive tho so i dropped it
also feels incredibly rushed

yeah, this rating is a lie.

You really think some of the garbage at 8-9 on this site hits the levels of fairy tail.

Dex-chan lover
What I can say about Fairy Tail is, it started good, becomes better, then sliding down when hit certain arc, and keep sliding down. Even though its redeemed a bit (for a fan at least), because the few last arc are used to explain the background of character, that already mentioned from the start of the series.

Well about friendship thing, its shonen manga soo.. I cant blame it. Most of the old shonen manga like One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach using the same trope too in many situations. Its kinda like a patent or a must for shonen, or a series that want to known as a shonen.

With Fairy tail, think of it like this:
Fun characters, simple(ish) story, just a feel-good manga/anime. You’re not gonna get a high grade story out of it, but one that’s just easy on the heart.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm, I'm sort of fascinated after chapter 1; Definitely pulls from One Piece a lot! Which is not a bad thing, I'd suppose, but I can hear One Piece Saying "Hey, you have me, remember?"

Dex-chan lover
I like it 4 chapters in thus far! It's like One Piece but a bit "Fatter" in page count which is good! Wish Shonen Jump would let Oda write as many pages as he wished instead of simple 20 or so, but he's working hard as is.
Anyway, while it feels super friendly, that's what I like in a series, a funny, lighthearted build, and I wouldn't mind either if it stays that way, though I doubt it will!

Users who are viewing this thread