Fake Saint of the Year: You Wanted the Perfect Saint? Too Bad! - Ch. 28.2

Dex-chan lover
yeah yeah yeah.
telling a kid "you are need to die after this end" and expected her to not doing something?

and also bruh, this World has no balance at all. frickin monster and magic everywhere and only saint can use magic in human side (later turn into witch lol)

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it’s just me, but I couldn’t care less about the king for some reason.

He gave his sister the depressing fact right before she left and after she put all the effort to prepare. (How did he expect her to even feel)

He sent (or allowed) both his sons to go on a potentially dangerous mission together. (What a dumb way to lose your heirs in one swoop)

He gave up on the village due to his cautiousness and then decided to regret it after. (This one is fair enough, a pragmatic decision, could be handled better, but it’s ultimately a part of his job, if he can’t handle it then abdicate)

It’s like shooting your own leg and wonder why you’re losing blood….

Dex-chan lover
But he still wishes... for someone to--
giphy.webp

Aggregator gang
Maybe it’s just me, but I couldn’t care less about the king for some reason.

He gave his sister the depressing fact right before she left and after she put all the effort to prepare. (How did he expect her to even feel)

He sent (or allowed) both his sons to go on a potentially dangerous mission together. (What a dumb way to lose your heirs in one swoop)

He gave up on the village due to his cautiousness and then decided to regret it after. (This one is fair enough, a pragmatic decision, could be handled better, but it’s ultimately a part of his job, if he can’t handle it then abdicate)

It’s like shooting your own leg and wonder why you’re losing blood….
He makes bad decisions constantly and wants people to sympathize with him. No, just a bad ruler. Abdicating would have been the only good decision he'd ever make. And now he'll fail again, just adding to his legacy of failure.

Supporter
Sorry pal but you deserved all of that and the manga is trying to Paint you as a Martyr
Your lack of Common sense caused the death of a saint and then you decided to ascend as a king only to fulfill your own ego of not accepting your mistake by Just blatantly making mistakes and the coping on "im the worst so thats expected"

Double-page supporter
This is legitimately one of the more depressing chapters in this series.

Saint Lilia was a very tragic character. Her backstory was fleshed out fairly well, too. I do understand why they are skipping some things though, since Lilia is just background lore and the author probably doesn't want to take away from the central characters anymore than necessary.

Double-page supporter
yeah yeah yeah.
telling a kid "you are need to die after this end" and expected her to not doing something?

and also bruh, this World has no balance at all. frickin monster and magic everywhere and only saint can use magic in human side (later turn into witch lol)
True,

But thats what makes it such a good setting for a thought provoking story. The story was always meant to be more a comedy by the author, but it was surprisingly well thought out with a great storyline. There was a lot more to the story than just the comedy aspect of it.

That's why it became such a hit.

This is legitimately one of the more depressing chapters in this series.

Saint Lilia was a very tragic character. Her backstory was fleshed out fairly well, too. I do understand why they are skipping some things though, since Lilia is just background lore and the author probably doesn't want to take away from the central characters anymore than necessary.
Mind spilling the beans then, since the arc basically got skipped?

Dex-chan lover
For those who missed it: The king is in the position of having to sacrifice some people in order to save other people. The times when he chose the "good" over "pragmatic" resulted in disasters.

In short, he's an SOB now because he has to be, it's the only way to save the majority of the people. And since he's a good guy, he hates himself for what he has to do.

The story is presented as pretty much a comedy, but it has tragedy behind it. This world is effed.

PS: JP are happy to mix plenty of tragedy into their comedies.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread