Fantasy Bishoujo Juniku Ojisan to - Vol. 10 Ch. 135 - Fabiniku Ojisan And Returning The Favor

Contributor
SEASON 2 LFGOOO
image.png

Fr though, season 1 was probably one of my fave adaptations of a manga I enjoy in a long while, they really did it justice

Why is it saying they or them when he is refering to her? Or to him. Probably him because he was a boy in his previous life and he didnt change the way he sees himself. So it gets a little confusing because is singular, not plural.

Dex-chan lover
And I am now reminded why I never went into the comments of this manga before the update.
I'm honestly just wanting to know if it's the scanlation team localizing things according to their personal politics, or if because of the change in their relationship that they're accepting of that happened the previous chapter that Jinguuji's seeing Tachibana more as a female. Given that he saw Tachibana as a he, and now is accepting of seeing him as a she, I'd think it'd be a switch to female pronouns, but instead we're seeing indistinct they/them, instead, which does not feel accurate to Tachibana's situation; he's not non-binary, he's always felt non-masculine, and is now genderbent male to female and coming to terms with his situation as being female (that's what the whole manga has seemed to be about, in fact; accepting his femininity). Thus why I think it's localization, rather than accurate translation of what's being said, and asked about it.

No, its worse. Its politics. A shit about idontknowwhat gender. Something stupid. It is an individual, not a group so it must be him or her (In this case i think it mus be him)
They is not plural only. It is indeterminate gender singular as well. "How's the cat?" "Oh, they're doing well." is perfectly correct. It has been this way for centuries. That's why I asked about if it was indistinct when referring to Tachibana or if it was localization. The current usage of it by those calling themselves non-binary is a separate issue I don't care to get into, other than to say it is not technically incorrect because of the former situation regarding the singular they, so you need to rethink your arguments on that front, at the very least.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Eh, why did they start screaming out bullsh*t? Does the author really need to be so over the top here? I mean this fight seems fairly meaningless, why are they even in this dungeon again?

Group Leader
No, its worse. Its politics. A shit about idontknowwhat gender. Something stupid. It is an individual, not a group so it must be him or her (In this case i think it mus be him)
yeah please keep that to yourself. no need to bring politics into a manga comments section. thanks. also you're blatantly wrong

So, what's with the sudden "they/them" everywhere? Was it really indistinct, or is this localization?
the japanese raw was using ungendered pronouns so we kept them neutral
edit: mix into the fact that Tachibana's gender has been in question to Jinguuji after coming to terms with his feelings and its a bit different

Who killed who?
according to someone from the r/manga comments whose memory is probably better than mine,
Akito was being metaphorical in that moment. Lightning was about to kill Nazuna a number of chapters ago, and probably then try to kill Tachibana and Jinguuji in their sleep, but decided against it at the last moment. To Akito who recorded that he viewed that as effectively a betrayal(which is valid) and thus is pissed because it makes him remember when he was betrayed in his previous life(since all Heroes are reincarnated dead people).
it could also be referring to her previous life, which Akito (Mori) may or may not know about idk

Do they reincarnate when they die? I am pretty confused
all of the heroes are reincarnates, incl. Tachibana

Eh, why did they start screaming out bullsh*t? Does the author really need to be so over the top here? I mean this fight seems fairly meaningless, why are they even in this dungeon again?
to find Tachibana's underwear and keys

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Pleased to see the author's comment suggesting we're getting a second series. I saw the first series and then sought out the manga and it is truly one of my all time favourites. Thanks for translating.

Before more people get their hopes up, the somewhat more accurate translation for Ikezawa's note would be:
I hope to see this arc animated, so we will be looking forward to any plans for a second season.
He isn't asking the reader to wait for further details. He's the one that's waiting for plans for a second season. You could also infer that Ikezawa is hinting that works for the second season are already underway, but either way, the original translation is not right.

In regard to the page 2 translation, the text was mistranslated. The original text (殺されかけた) should be translated as almost killed, not killed.

Don't care about politics or shit but, another way to translate, if you don't want to use gendered pronouns, is to just use their name, it sounds more natural than they/them is most cases.

Group Leader
Before more people get their hopes up, the somewhat more accurate translation for Ikezawa's note would be:
I hope to see this arc animated, so we will be looking forward to any plans for a second season.
He isn't asking the reader to wait for further details. He's the one that's waiting for plans for a second season. You could also infer that Ikezawa is hinting that works for the second season are already underway, but either way, the original translation is not right.

In regard to the page 2 translation, the text was mistranslated. The original text (殺されかけた) should be translated as almost killed, not killed.

Don't care about politics or shit but, another way to translate, if you don't want to use gendered pronouns, is to just use their name, it sounds more natural than they/them is most cases.
thank you

It looks like it's all-but-confirmed that Mori has some sort of respawning-style power as his Death Goddess Boon, judging by his comments made here and in previous chapters. Which is fitting, both for the goddess and the themes of the manga.

Also Page 16 (final page)'s last panel appears to have a typo: "returtn" rather than "return" in the sentence "Now is my turn to return the favor!"

I've noticed little things like that and grammatical oddities in a bunch of previous chapters, to be honest - although not so much in the recent ones scanlated by Peerless Beauty. If I were to copy-edit the text of previous chapters, are there any resources online on typesetting and updating pages? Would doing something like that be considered disrespectful?

Group Leader
It looks like it's all-but-confirmed that Mori has some sort of respawning-style power as his Death Goddess Boon, judging by his comments made here and in previous chapters. Which is fitting, both for the goddess and the themes of the manga.

Also Page 16 (final page)'s last panel appears to have a typo: "returtn" rather than "return" in the sentence "Now is my turn to return the favor!"

I've noticed little things like that and grammatical oddities in a bunch of previous chapters, to be honest - although not so much in the recent ones scanlated by Peerless Beauty. If I were to copy-edit the text of previous chapters, are there any resources online on typesetting and updating pages? Would doing something like that be considered disrespectful?
I actually had an IRL friend let me know of the error. There’s no way for anyone except for the chapter uploaded and group leader to edit pages, and I am unfortunately not able to change anything at the moment because I’m away from my computer.

Users who are viewing this thread