Fantasy Bishoujo Juniku Ojisan to - Vol. 4 Ch. 47 - Fabiniku Ojisan and Parlor Trick

@cgr A parlor trick is a trick or something you do to entertain or amuse people. In that sense, voice impression clearly can be considered as a parlor trick as well. There's nothing to do with it being Japanese or something and there's no need for it to be able to impress an working adult, you're setting the bars too high, it's good enough if you can get kids to laugh. But if you really need to know, when Japanese usually mention about being able to do impression of a character/person, most of the time, they are talking about the voice impression.

Besides, there's totally no reason to say she can do an impression of agumon, when she could just say she could do fire breathing. Makes no sense at all to link fire breathing to agumon out the blue.

AND I literally translated this and am doing a favor by clearing your misunderstanding. if you still to believe in that otherwise, then I'm not going to change your mind.

I can do Kermits voice, and I've used it when new people's first day at work to think I do sound like that.

Aggregator gang
@cgr nah, it was such a simp move that felt really cringe, she came in insulting your best friend and when said friend is giving her a reality check s/he goes full withe knight just because she is cute, i can tell you that if she where a dude tachibana wouldnt move a muscle for him.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@lowtieranon
thank you for translating the chapter and the author's comments, I am grateful.

and :
But if you really need to know, when Japanese usually mention about being able to do impression of a character/person, most of the time, they are talking about the voice impression.
thank you for explaining this, then you're probably right. (I was judging the wording based on english standards, because I don't know how Japanese use 'impression').

@zeroxjac
I'm not saying it isn't a simp move, and I do think it's not the best move for tachibana, but that it is an ok move because jinguuji can be considered too capable, overwhelming, and pressuring
i can tell you that if she where a dude tachibana wouldnt move a muscle for him.
not completely true, tachibana can be lenient on guys too: https://mangadex.org/chapter/823157/3 "let's just hear him out..."

Dex-chan lover
Yup. Mine is sleight of hand throwing a coin from one hand to the other.

Also if needed: I can make very convincing cat meows, and several varieties of dog barks.

Double-page supporter
What an interesting yet tough position Tachibana put him into. He can't stoop to her level nor be too adult, because that'll then be childish, despite him possibly being the mentally oldest person in the room. While Tachibana gets away with shit because Jinguuji was always there to protect him/her, s/he can't just dump the responsibility of taking care of another person on him, just to save face in front of a princess.

Might be time for another stern lecture.

Dex-chan lover
> For some reason, whenever Tachibana's speaking, his voice in my head is "Rie Kugimiya"

> That Princess, what she's useful for was negotiation ability. Aside from that it useless.
What Jinjuugi and Tachibana's doing ways as so far, was to force there way, something like that.
So Princess is like another burden for them...

Dex-chan lover
Lmao I wish I knew of this secret to working society before I got there. At least I could have prepared and that embarrassment of a party wouldn't have happened.

I would love to see her impression of agumon 🤣

Edit: also, hasn't tachibana realozed that if she joins, she'll see how useless (somehow, in the bigger picture) she is and that jinguuji almost always handles things? That'd be a turn off right?

Users who are viewing this thread