Fantasy Bishoujo Juniku Ojisan to - Vol. 4 Ch. 53 - Fabiniku Ojisan and Implication

Fed-Kun's army
You guys act like the memory altering scene is something that you guys can never thought of

Fed-Kun's army
Please Gods of fanart and fanfic, bless us with the good BL content that we all need but maybe don't deserve........!!!!!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa............ Anyway, that's a really cool way of doing memory alter huh? Noice.

Thank you for the amazing translation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dex-chan lover
@dextersTomato At the start of the chapter is the Goddess of Love and Beauty that made him a girl, the girl in the barrel is probably the demon that lost her op magic armor, and got arrested before.

Fed-Kun's army
Wow, thats even worse than i was expecting, they are going with this? its incredibly lame and unfunny, so much for the comedy tag.

Im dropping this hot garbage, as i end up doing with most comedy isekai that arent konosuba, they just turn to shit.

Awww now we taking a step back! Jinguuji come and save the day! Lol

Thanks for another chapter!! ♡

Fed-Kun's army
@fallen69420 that other person literally asked "why are you here" lmao

y'all seriously cant deal with your shitty power fantasy being criticized?

power fantasy
@brunocar
How is this a power fantasy? MC is weak, a target of nearly anyone who gets affected by the goddess' curse, and the moment they vent their frustrations about being powerless to a third party, they have their memories re-written to be jealous of the one person who's stayed in their corner. Seems pretty far from being a power fantasy.

Hmm. While I'm curious about your reason for calling it one, don't feed pressured to comment back if you dont wanna. I assume it'd be annoying to keep getting pulled back to the comment section of a series you dropped. But if its cool I'd like to get your reasoning.

Fed-Kun's army
@errorbit you know what? for your good faith, i'll answer seriously.

Essentially the problem is this: so far the main characters have struggled with very little, and what little struggle there was, was for comedic effect, now, in a comedy that makes sense, hence why i was enjoying myself, this wasn't konosuba where the struggle is the comedy itself, but see, ever since this arc started, the rules were flipped, now nothing can be funny because its all super serious, and what little comedy there is, is hampered by the fact that the consequences of it are so severe that the peril they cause cant be laughed it.
Now, if its no longer funny, what is left? a drama? a terrible one in that case, both of the main characters have done nothing but the stupidest, most illogical and out of character things possible, if it was one of them doing it or if there was a motivation for both to be that way (dark hair dude has close to no motivation to justify his current actions) it would be fine, but that isnt the case, so the drama ends up being incredibly frustrating due to how forced it all is, the story breaks its own rules, its own characters, for the sake of making us feel something.
but you know what i feel? anger, because its genuinely frustrating to have been made to care about light hearted characters through comedy only to be wrangled into a drama that comes out of nowhere and requires you ignore everything you liked about the story in the first place to buy into it.

One final thing, Konosuba has done serious drama in the past (i've red all but one volume of the light novel) except when konosuba does it, it makes sure to have comedy layered on top so that when someone does something uncharacteristic, it comes off as character development and not like the character suddenly changed completely, i can go into specific examples if you want but that would require LN spoilers and i'd rather avoid spoiling some of the best parts of that series, which the anime and manga havent even adapted yet.

EDIT: i realized that i forgot how to respond the question specifically, the reason why its a power fantasy is that so far the characters havent had ANY big problems and this is the first one they come across and its obvious the solution will be the power of love, a cliche that you can only invoke without being cringy if they characters are believably in love and not just "friends that find one another hot for comedic purposes"

Users who are viewing this thread