Faster Than a Kiss

I finished it and I'm ugly crying now!!! Originally, I thought I wouldn't like it very much but it turned out to be really heartwarming, and characters who were initially annoying *COUGH SHOUMA COUGH MEG COUGH* got decent development and turned and to be likeable.

Apparently, a one-shot anthology was released last year called "Faster than a Kiss ~ Future". Sadly no raws are available online but oh well beggars can't be choosers (cries).

@nohugs_ugh
I know how you feel. Hope someone to pick it up!
I also followed the new work of this author, it almost the same as Kiss Yori mo Hayaku.
But the matchmaking situation was clear.

Dex-chan lover
ok but annoyingly drawn out
the original oneshot was better

Aggregator gang
It went for too long. I liked whole setting and some of the characters. But that where it ends. This manga is full of things that at the latter chapters, makes it hard not to drop this manga.
1st. Consequences doesn't exist.
Students tried to kill heroine. In next page they are portrayed as people with conscience and everything is forgotten. Brother kisses heroine, constantly messes with MC and yet MC ignores all that claiming "everything fine, it is just my brother having fun".
2nd. Hypocricy all over the place.
Uncle and grandpa left heroine alone when she was homeless, then when her life was fixed, they appeared with sense of justice claiming they have the right to interfere.
Worst of 1st. and and 2nd. is that nothing negative is said about that.
3rd. Characters are inconsistent and in some parts have literally no growth, despite some aspects being main character feature.
For example heroine always goes physical and can beat up strong men. Yet we can see a weaklings who easily push her down and she does nothing. She always waits to be rescued, always.
4th. Focuses on useless drama instead of character development.

So to sum up. It was great for 30 or so chapters. After that it was just frustrating to read.

This is so much worse than I remember. When I first read it as a teenager I thought it was okay, but now as an adult I just think this is so bad. I reread up to chapter 12, but when I first read it I read it all the way through. The age difference is one thing, but because in Japan it's legal and this is fiction I give it a bit of a pass on that. However, the power imbalance between the main girl and the teacher is a bit startling. Nothing obviously extreme as this is shoujo, but if you think about it for a sec, their relationship gets so bad. For one thing, they're teacher and student. So like they've only been "together" for a month or so at the beginning of the manga and already the main girl feels pressured into physical intimacy. Teacher dude constantly is doing things that she's not ready for and I know that it's a comedy thing for slapstick when she gets nervous and punches him. Well, it's not funny, I didn't find it funny back when I kind of enjoyed the manga. Also the main girl beats herself up for not being ready to kiss, be a bit more undressed, and pushed down by her "husband."
I think what really made these not-so-great aspects really stand out to me was because the characters themselves suck. Main girl's only character trait is reacting angrily and violently to everything. The teacher character is forgettable. It really says something that I started typing this right after reading chapter 12 and I already forgot the main couple's names.
There are some good in this manga. The art style isn't bad. Definitely indicative of its time period, but not bad. Also Teppei (main girl's lil bro) was a good kid character; cute, not annoying, and fun. Though the fact that two of his dress-up "shots" were called sexy made me go what!?!?
Anyways this manga is probs meh overall. I guess my suspension of disbelief was almost nonexistent today.

Aggregator gang
Just 3 words: Do NOT read! One of the worst story, worst mcs, worst development. Only the ending is good. Just don't read it. Rate this 1 star and go.
Useless drama and stupid scenes.
Rate this sh*t 1 star pls
DO NOT READ! NOT RECOMMENDED!
1/10
If anyone thinks this is good, something is wrong with you.

I seriously blacklisted this author. Im never ever gonna read this author's manga.

just finished reading all of the chapters wondering why it's so bad only to realize that I didn't read the comments. An utter waste of good sleep or even reading an even better comic its self.
I really wanted to see her run away like in the prologue but this is simply ridiculous.
they stretched a storyline way too long with drama to fill in the gaps. if this was shorter as well as hed more attention and love put into it, it would've been really good.
the fl had so many reasons to lash out and get mad like at the grandpa or uncle. this element of making her simply violent for just justice is unreasonable.
save your time and don't read this crap. and don't be fooled by the prologue

Users who are viewing this thread