Adding Longstrip Pages in Editing Differ in Behavior than Adding Longstrip Pages in Uploading [Not a Bug]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
When uploading a new chapter, longstrip images get resized if they are too tall. When editing pages, the addition of the same longstrip image presents an error, rather than resizing the offending image.

I don't believe this behaviour disparity is intended?

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
The auto-split tool relies on all of the images being uploaded at the same time, and will error out if any of them were uploaded in a previous session, which means it broke whenever it was used for chapter edits. This got disabled a while ago, to prevent people getting stuck.

Group Leader
The auto-split tool relies on all of the images being uploaded at the same time, and will error out if any of them were uploaded in a previous session, which means it broke whenever it was used for chapter edits. This got disabled a while ago, to prevent people getting stuck.
Thanks for the reply, are there currently plans to fix the block and re-enable the feature, or to allow manual use of the tool? Or is it something further down the line?

I've worked around this recently by deleting and recreating the chapter entry, but I can't imagine that being super healthy for the servers...

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
It's a low priority, you're better off manually splitting specific images if you need to edit them back in for now.

Please don't delete and recreate chapters - the servers don't care, but you spam all the users following that title with the duplicate reupload.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread