Faster Than a Kiss

@assasinart
except it's not even a point, it's just some scanlators being annoying so they can feel special. How many people do you think go to their website compared to just read the series on some other "less savory" aggregation website?
Luckily enough, it's just a small minority (actually, only this group as far as I know) behaving like this.

Power Uploader
It's pretty much a catch 22 though. From readers perspective they usually don't care and the delay is just annoying. But from a scanlators perspective what possible other method is there to get people to go from the aggregator onto their own website. The majority of groups have a lame website that's really just there because they need one. But if a group puts work into their site and actually want it used by the readers then ya. Annoy the fan base with delays or abandon hope of getting their website to be the main source for the series they scanlate. Not many options.

They clearly want their website to get traffic, what other option they got?

But why do they need a website or want traffic to their website? I don't get that. I haven't seen this kind of behaviour in any other "service" community like FOSS, subbers, warez, web novel translators, etc...

Power Uploader
that's largely because most groups give up on the idea due to the nature of readers/consumers and readily recognize the futility of it when people can get EVERYTHING from every group they like all in one spot. No possible way they can compete with the aggregators.

It's kinda like how all the companies back in the day tried their best to stop people from pirating their software. It's an effort in futility, but for some reason still exists.

Almost forgot, Sometimes their own websites have adds so they can get add revenue. more ppl going to their site helps them out that way.

Keep up the good work! I need so bad the endind Kaguya wants to be confessed ?
Thanks for everything ?

The only reason their delay "works" is because other scanlators don't do it. If there were a lot more series with delays people would move on to read on other aggregation sites making it kinda pointless (people already do). You can almost argue that they leech of the goodwill of other uploaders.

Their website obviously feels (low-effort) like they want to suck ad-money from people. There are ways to make a website lucrative to visit without getting people to chase a carrot.

Now I appreciate the work put in to the translating. The work they do on the actual chapters is good. I also completely understand the need for funding the work that is done, like receiving donations.
If we look at relatives however; out of all the manga I follow no other group is using the same practices as them currently. It leaves your opinion of them with a bad taste in your mouth. Their forceful methods hardly makes them any more successful than groups who align with their readers.

That's just my critical opinion on their delay nonsense though I respect that Mangadex has the option for it. Also that this is the only way to get them to allow their readers to have some convenience by uploading here.

Contributor
6 months ago

JB have said they will reduce their delay at some point.

c3c.gif

I find it amusing, how one group can hold "supremacy" over popular shounen manga demanding knowledge of 3rd or even 4th grader in kanji. But yeah, keep it up, good rusing.

It's hard to appreciate a group that forcing their readers to go to their website by putting a ridiculously long delay. 1~4 days are tolerable, but 2 weeks are ridiculous.

Are you that desperate and jealous because mangadex got more traffic than your website? I remember JB was trying to replace batoto after it was closed, but oh boy, someone else did your work faster and better than you. And here you are, being pathetic.

Regardless of what I said, thanks for translating The Promised Neverland and Kaguya-sama, but I'd rather to go to readms or wait someone to dump the chapters on 4chan.

if you guys the one picking up the dropped series from other scanlator , you guys should change the upload delay , or otherwise the series will die because of long waiting

just saying ... , alot of manga - manhua - manhwa that i got to see in MD and the delay is really really long , it got off away from people attention or something like that , my english not that good

Dex-chan lover
A delay so ridiculous, that I go out of my way to read it anywhere that isn't their website.

Somebody else does the same series? Fantastic, I'll go read it on that translator's website instead.
Nobody else does it? Guess I'm forced to visit an aggregator with adblock on for a moment, then.

In the midst of people rage due to your delay policy, I would like to thanked you for picking up the abandoned Solo Leveling, I really like that series and would like to request if possible please also pick A Returner's Magic Should be Special, if possible. Since I don't see comment option on your website, so I will dump it here.
Well also it would be great if you could change the policy of yours to reduce people rage, not that I mind about that as long you can release chapters on time in your website, but it would be better to appease reader wrath. It gives you no significant benefit by doing that.
Anyway, good work. I like your works. 😃

Group Leader
Man, bless Mangadex for giving us choice. This comment section inspires me, not only to put 2 weeks delay but to pull all of the chapters off it, just to spite you bunch of entitled autists. You guys are hilarious.

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the amazing work! I love that you're cooperating with MangaDex, so I don't mind the delay if it means I can read everything at an aggregate that cares for its content creators.

Indeed Fuck these guys, the only people they are hurting is manga dex and themselve. Glad other aggregate sites are ripping them from their website day 1. This is now just a list of manga i won't be reading on manga dex. I will read scumy translations on scummy sites.

Fed-Kun's army
Folks do everyone a favor , don't use their website to read mangas
Use chapters stealing websites that take stuff that gets translated by Jaimini's box like Mangarock, Mangafox and whatever.

Ya know, everyone cursing at you guys and stuff but thanks for translating. On the other hand you picked up a series that had a delay of 1 day everyone was used to reading that on that basis I don’t think your plan of getting more traffic at your site is working

Users who are viewing this thread