Fate/Grand Order - The Heroic Spirit Food Chronicles - Ch. 1 - British Curry

This is good once a while since everyone here probably tried to kill each other before 😂
Of course it's getting better if my precious well-endowed king will appear often later.

A little more info dump for those who might be interested!
The curry made by Holmes in here is a little more reminiscent of Japanese style curry rice rather than the curry served during the Victorian-Edwardian era which Holmes' stories are set in. If anyone is curious for an example as to how British curry during that time was like, you can go look for Audley End House's video on Youtube regarding curry.
For drinking tea via the saucer, it was seen as something only done by the commoners who didn't have time for the tea to cool due to their busy lifestyle. Some people nowadays still do this as a way to let the beverage cool faster but I have never heard of anyone doing it to avoid the tea leaves. This might have been the case a good long time ago, but no one can truly pinpoint the origin or basis for 'saucering'.

Fed-Kun's army
So no one noticed Da Vinci is copying the chairman form the first Iron Chef of him eating a bell pepper during the opening.

so 3 things, the fact that Da Vinci just chomped on a bell pepper in the beginning, Latoria just being amazed about food that wasn't shitty or bland, and also most of the British food shown here was pretty much made from colonialism and cultural appropriation.

Dex-chan lover
The Artoria ahoge :meguupog: I can't believe they made britain having to steal flavor around the world from a joke to actually making me sad, also the british really like their tikki masala :kek: search it up it is a thing

Users who are viewing this thread