Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA 3rei!! - Vol. 12 Ch. 62.1 - The Last Existence

THE personification of Gaia herself showing up?

I mean, I did guess Tanaka had something to do with Gaia, but still.

Great chapter.

Tanaka's name (田中) translates as "Centre of the Paddy". "田" in particular means "(rice) paddy" in Japanese, but in Chinese, it represents "field" or "cultivated land". I take it by her own description that referring to herself as "Gaia's Counter Force" means that she is the/an embodiment of Alaya (aka "the collective unconsciousness of mankind and the drive for its survival as a whole").

Dex-chan lover
@LoneSentry789 you could also stupidly interpret it as "Within the middle of the paddy mud, It(Tanaka) exists." It is so stupid it kinda works. Who knew the most generically used name was used to make an important significance... xD

also, she says she's Gaia's counterforce which means she acts for the planet's survivability not mankind. iirc
Alaya's the mankind's will. Gaia is planet's

No one mentioned anything about humanity's unconsciousness here, so I don't think Alaya is involved, at least from what was said here. Tanaka clearly mentions Gaia and the planet's unconsciousness, nothing else.

Yep, we've fully crossed over into Lostbelt territory now.

So is Tanaka an Elemental of some sort? Or is she a Monster, this continuity's version of the Monster of Gaia in place of Primate Murder? What if she's a joint effort between Gaia and Alaya, because they're both endangered in the miyuverse?

This is Gaia's counterforce which means, the planet's survival is in danger. And since there are only 1 human and a 2/3 god left, Alaya is practically dead here

Double-page supporter
Keep in mind that Gaia's Counter-Force and Alaya's Counter-Force are different things.

The latter probably no longer exists, unless Illya herself is capable of maintaining the collective "will" of humanity.

Also... This is a strange situation. If this were truly meant to be a Lostbelt that was to be pruned, then would Gaia be active? I think yes, since even a pruned world would struggle to exist.

So i always thinks Tanaka was a Counter Force's Envoy, not Counter Force himself D:

Now i imagine Shirou facing Tanaka when he make his contract , i need fan art

Double-page supporter
Thank you for the chapter, translator-san
Still prologue of new arc i see, but at least tanaka's identity is already clear...
Looking forward to next chapter😁

Oh wow a counter guardian that isn't a Emiya nor has white hair and tanned skin. Those are rare.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation!

@AlmondMagnum We still need Beatrice and Angelica first, and Miyu rerun after two years wtf DW/TM?!

Huh, so Tanaka is literally Prillya's Arcueid (not really, but will of the planet and probably the strongest being left on Earth stuff). Wonder if we'll get a bit more of her backstory, whether she is someone that passed away and made a contract with the planet (like counter guardians and Alaya) or if she's an elemental or something specifically created by the Earth. At least it is her and not Gaia calling for the Types to destroy everything. Who knows what happened to ORT in this reality.

Is that other side Darius invaded Illya's Earth, or a completely separated thing?

I see that people mistaken her for something like Emiya, or Okita Alter. Her relationship to Gaia is more like Void Shiki to Root. Also, Emiya and Okita alter is Alaya counter guardian, not Gaia.

Dex-chan lover
@Cacona
Oh wow a counter guardian that isn't a Emiya nor has white hair and tanned skin. Those are rare.

No, the counter guardians we've seen who have that trope belong to Alaya, i.e. Humanity's counterforce. It seems Tanaka is Gaia's counterforce, so her contemporaries are entities like True Ancestors or other Elementals.

Users who are viewing this thread