Fate/strange Fake - Vol. 3 Ch. 12.05 - A Battle Without Heroic Spirits

Dex-chan lover
He says he won't use the power of God, but then he throws a rocket punch!

Dex-chan lover
but yo, why is this 12.5 when it should be higher up the list? o_O Like chapter 15?

@phil777 Can only assume, but looking back at 12.1's table of contents, all of volume 3 is a single chapter (12), so 12.5 is correct. 12.3 and 12.4 would have covered what was in the listed chapters 13 and 14, but I'm guessing Smoof wasn't going to bother re-translating something that's already out there just because another group labeled them wrong.

Dex-chan lover
@KazumiSangaku Fair enough. But it will be confusing from people that read it from the beginning if the order isn't changed as it comes before those chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Page 8: umu
Bad meme, chief. Flush the reddit from your brain and translate normally.

Page 10: 'He probably has no interest in this gentleman other than humans'
What is this supposed to mean?

Page 10: 'It seems that with a body like that, he's still not finished off by the tools of God.'
What is this supposed to mean? Gil prefaces the sentence with 'That priest', but why would Hanza be assaulted by Christian weaponry?

Contributor
This should come after chapter 14 or else someone should rename chapter 13 and 14 to chapter 12.3 and chapter 12.4

Dex-chan lover
@KazumiSangaku Yes, which would normally be translated to 'Hmm' or 'I see', as it's a standard vocalization rather than the meme verbal tic it's been corrupted into.

Those guys from the burial agency must be quite something if the terminator priest is weaker than them.

@BobBob "Normally" doesn't mean anything, it's a translator's choice to translate something, like how some translators will choose not to translate the names of special skills in some manga while other translators do, or to show the sentence ending verbal tics like desu and such or not, it's all personal choice, there is no right or wrong. Maybe if there was literally anything pointing it towards being a meme other than it just being there, I'd agree with you, but it's not like there's a hidden Nero on the page or something. Just because some people use it as a meme, doesn't mean it's always a meme, and saying "don't use it because a meme exists" is stupid.

I will admit, however, it's weird for him to be saying it in the first place. I don't know literally every Fate character's dialogue throughout the endless void that is the Fate franchise, but I'm pretty sure that's just a Nero thing. I would've imagined him actually saying something more like "I see" as you said or like "Oho" (Kind of like a Dio sort of vibe with it) or "Ah" or something, or laughing under his breath.

Users who are viewing this thread