Fate/type Redline - Vol. 2 Ch. 8.1

Dex-chan lover
So wait... what was the point of making him tell you his true feelings if you were gonna assassinate him anyway?

Fed-Kun's army
It's a low bar, but for a manga set in WWII, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that Redline shows that many in the military were still with their "resist to the last man!" mentality even when it was obvious Japan was doomed (and makes some of them the villains!), and acknowledges their attacks on Pearl Harbour and Malaysia, and their possessions in Manchuria. Too often I've come across WWII stories in manga where there is no mention of Japan's role beyond their frontiers or the warmongering attitudes inside.

@Deathhappens
My interpretation of it is that glasses guy was sounding him out by pretending to be on the pacifist faction. "You must take a position quickly", he says, probably hoping he could become an ally in his plans. You can almost see his disappointment when the general says: "No, I agree".

slow chapter, but its nice, cool first impressions of major magatsu

anyway fuck shinji all my homies hate shinji

it seems so called Yesterday Divine Wind is Oda Nobunaga Exterminating Incoming American Bomber Plane at previous chapter.

Dex-chan lover
It's definitely not something commonly talked about in cartoons or comics or novels (the most recent series I can think of would be Tokyo Raven! Volume 16) but the topic of Japan becoming drunk off the successes of 1939-41 has been mentioned, and explored in how the military and the populace deceived themselves and everyone around themselves
On the other hand, regardless of whether it was the right choice or the wrong choice or the dumbest choice, judging the act of going to war is almost completely unknown when it comes to mangaka and novelists. The conduct of the war is a different story.

Opinion: -Yo kinda what some lovey-dovey shit happening with Okita and Mc but don’t know cause this shit has no romance lol, Just straight up dope action and fights....

Unexpected chapter....noice....

I'll admit Im a little lost on the historical aspect of this. So reading the comments help me gain more insight, so I'm thankful to you all commenting. I'd love to know more, but it's just so much background to take in and be considerate of.

And Izo assassin doing assassin things, love him.

Bro I haven’t read the original Koha Ace story but man this story can be so good. The premise of a war in a war is so fascinating to me. In a sense, one of the masters in this grail war is the country itself. I really hope this story continues strong because so far it’s really really good.

Dex-chan lover
My interpretation of it is that glasses guy was sounding him out by pretending to be on the pacifist faction. "You must take a position quickly", he says, probably hoping he could become an ally in his plans. You can almost see his disappointment when the general says: "No, I agree".
I love that interpretation, it amazes me to think this villain can take an honest answer and a solid argument against his position, and still murder him in cold blood.

Users who are viewing this thread