Father, I Don't Want This Marriage!

@enmpress
I absolutely agree with you, this story has a lot of lost potential due to the fact that it’s a reincarnation/transmigration, it would be a lot more emotional if the original villainess time travelled from a timeline where she was actually killed rather than just reading about it through a third person perspective, it would be more satisfying to see character development done that way because even though FL is reincarnated she acted as if she herself was an entirely separate identity to her and it doesn’t feel as though she actually connects those actions to herself

I read the promo back cuz I dont remember
this having a 2nd lead but turns out its the father😂😂

Misunderstandings. Misunderstandings misunderstandings... Without those do we even have a story 😂 jk I love it

This story is so great, it's one of my favorite Korean romance novels and I'm really glad to see that it has such a beautiful adaptation. It seems pretty faithful to the original too, just missing out on some minor details right now.

The original story is fantastic; the male and female lead grow so much, they go through a lot of character development and the way you see their relationship progress is really beautiful.

The female lead isn't that smart when it comes to people but I love her anyways and tbh I prefer it over her suddenly becoming some kind of genius after her rebirth; she misunderstands things, and it makes sense with her characterisation.

Actual
and yes, she actually is the real Jubelian.

The male lead is one of my favorites; I loved seeing his growth and seeing him change from the feared and bloodthirsty soldier to lovestruck husband material.

And all hail the father; Jubelian once said that Regis is the perfect man and tbh I agree. And I appreciate that unlike other 'my father hates me!' stories (though I do love them, still...) he isn't actually an asshole, he's just bad at communicating.

And some people seem pretty confused, so I'll clarify this bit: from what I remember yes, he actually isn't aging. Though we haven't seen much of it yet, this is actually a fantasy setting.

In Asian fantasy stories there's a trope, what's usually translated as 'transcendent' swordsmen (or martial artists). They transcend human limitations, meaning they're incredibly skilled and depending on the story they'll use superhuman strength, auras, and even stop aging once they reach transcendence. You'll usually find them in Korean fantasy novels. If you've read Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint, A Returner’s Magic Should Be Special, Reminiscent Adonis, ect. you might be familiar with this trope.

@Apebenito If you'd like to read the novel, it's currently being translated on Wordexcerpt, and there's an edited MTL translation that's completed in the NovelUpdates spoiler thread. I really recommend doing this as it's great, you'll notice some of the minor details and scenes that have been left out, and also there's this kind of... intensity? and comedic timing that's kind of muted in the webtoon (though it's still really great).

Thanks to everyone who worked on the translations!

Wait a second I have a theory and it makes SO much sense.

In the beginning of this story, the princess is poisoned. What if the emperor poisoned his own daughter and framed the main character. Think about it. The emperor seems power hungry and wants to keep the duke in check. The emperor obviously hates the duke and the duke hates the emperor. So at that moment, the duke drags the mc in there because it’s the safest spot away from everyone and no one would be able to touch her. He gives her a knife for PROTECTION since he decides right then and there that he was going to rebel against the emperor. So in the end the duke gave her that sword so that she could protect herself since the duke was starting a rebellion against the emperor for framing his daughter.

Fed-Kun's army
This series was not at all what I was expecting and that makes it so much more enjoyable. I’d say to go into it with an open mind and just roll with it. I love the angst and the art is fantastic.

I was thinking the same thing, @Jaspon!!!

Dex-chan lover
I just couldnt enjoy this manga, its just misunderstanding after misunderstanding, the entire plot is built around them. How this is nearly 9 starts is baffling to me.

Contributor
4/10 grating story carried by 8/10 art
Feel the same.
Most otome games villainess are bad afterall, and knowing the future ruin all tension.

In this one, you can add the boring male lead too, had to drop the story because of him.

Users who are viewing this thread