Fechippuru - Bokura no Innocent Love - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - Christmas Is a Spectacle

Dex-chan lover
It's at times like this that I feel very lucky not to be a Japanese salaryman. While at my workplace too there is some pressure to do overtime work, it's nowhere as bad as you read in reports about working conditions in Japan.

Double-page supporter
Fr tho, japan and china have the most shit tear laws on working. Like no fucking wonder you have to put up suicide nets when everyone overworks or sleeps at the damn building. (I got some family in japan and china for reference)

Dex-chan lover
The problem is not the request - is the answer.
They need more people to start saying “fuck off, they can wait a couple of days” or “they made a mess? Well, ask them to fix it”.

Really hope that in time japanese salaryman will learn from western culture; once, it can happen. Two, maybe. Three, about time to stop this sh*t;

Life, especially with the beloved ones, is only one.

Double-page supporter
of course the mother has hand fetish, ok, I won't be surprised if the father also has other weird fetish

Group Leader
OK, that lame crappy trope is back.
Now, if you want to make it original and interesting, you would go with him not doing the overtime, and maybe even losing his job for it.
And then finding a better one, or becoming self-employed and making more money that way.

I mean, it would be really awesome if Japanese media would stop perpetuating that shitty moral that an employee must die for its employer.
Maybe show realistically what happens when a talented employee gets fired for unjustified reasons. He just gets a new job, dammit. Especially when it's only ONE night he wouldn't comply in his whole fucking career.

So yeah, this happened to me all the time in my Navy days. And I rarely had a girlfriend. I imagine the guys with wives had it way worse.

I know the trope is for the chicks to get all bent out of shape when the guy chooses work but it still pisses me off every time. Does anyone really think that a typical dude enjoys work more than spending time goofing off with his beautiful wife/whatever? But it's still the dude's fault every time he chooses to provide for his family rather than mess around.

At moments like this. Pretend you didnt hear and go about your day. Overtime like that isnt mandatory in any way, even tho Japanese companies seem to try brainwash workers into thinking it is.
If they give you shit make a big fuss about sick mother/sister/father to guilt trip them.

saw it coming, not surprised. actually better for yunoki if he made a statement beforehand,"If i turned out have to do overtime, lets get next day or saturday something to work it out"

rather than positively hoping that day he would definitely go dinner date for sure

@Yadokari don't they guilt trip the workers instead making it look like he who doesn't overwork will throw the load on his coworkers? At least that's how the it usually goes, just like the stuff that happened with Epic overworking people for Fortnite some time ago.

Dex-chan lover
@Caglio he got a super rare reservation, its quite possible he wouldnt be able to get another, also in japan christmas eve is super special for couples

its quite a letdown to miss the rare reservation, but getting a very high hope on something and then gets shot down is not a good feeling. planning ahead of something unexpected beforehand cushion down those shot down effect

choosing another dinner is free choice, i myself dont mind a small restaurant or bar if im with someone close to eat

Fed-Kun's army
@Yadokari Yep, anyone who's worked a job knows that this exact moment is when you disappear to the bathroom to have an alibi for not knowing that you were supposed to stay late.

Users who are viewing this thread