Akuyuu no Ore ga Ponkotsu Kishi wo Miterarenai n da ga, Dou Sewa wo Yakya Ii?~ Madome Gaiden~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - An Overbearing Love Is a Royal Pain, …

Dex-chan lover
I mean i agree with your points, these were my issues to begin with.

Though I still think that the bare bones of the trauma the characters went through to be an actual part of the narrative (albeit a non important one to my chagrin).

A this point this feels more like arguing over little things. Especially given that we agree on like what 80 to 90 percent of things?
Arriving at a consensus is also cool!

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the translation, I think this is my most favorite chapter now.

Btw, what is with these sound effect translations? Why write a japanese transliteration followed by an english translation? It's so weird, and there are already japanese letters there, so it's pretty pointless too.
For example: "Kyu (Grip)" on page 23

Contributor
I'm sure Barbaros thought that hard-fought battle he just won was worth it just to see that smile from Chastel. And he even unwittingly gave her his own rare smile in return.

Is Chastel's mother also in the house with her? Kinda looking forward to her mom making an appearance and maybe even meet Barbaros. It's always interesting for me when parents are shown in stories with romance, so long as it's not for the purpose of creating an antagonist to oppose the romance and manufacture drama.

Love how Rachel prays for this ship to sail even in her sleep. Truly the shippers' representative.

Dex-chan lover
Like it can't decide if it wants to lean into the "Every mage lives in a fucked up society were experiments and slavery are normal" or "Mages are falsely prosecuted by the church, Zagan who is just chilling by himself most of the time being a prime example"
Why can't you accept that both are true? Zagan outwardly acts like a third rate mustache twirler because that's all he's ever known and that's what society expects from him from the outset, but he isn't actually an asshole so much as simply a loner. You could say the concept was dropped fairly early on when everyone in town was able to see through his facade to the utter dork inside, but that's a conscious decision by the author to focus on fluff and awkward romcom shenanigans over real drama. If you expected something else that's really on you, not the story.

Dex-chan lover
Why can't you accept that both are true? Zagan outwardly acts like a third rate mustache twirler because that's all he's ever known and that's what society expects from him from the outset, but he isn't actually an asshole so much as simply a loner. You could say the concept was dropped fairly early on when everyone in town was able to see through his facade to the utter dork inside, but that's a conscious decision by the author to focus on fluff and awkward romcom shenanigans over real drama. If you expected something else that's really on you, not the story.

That's a bit of a weird take?
I can fully enjoy a story for what it's trying to be and consciously analyse a narrative based on how well it actually handles the introduced themes and writing elements.

That includes Elements that have been added or removed as time goes on to reframe or construct the already exisiting frame work.

I can fully enjoy this manga as the romance between two almost comically traumatized, dysfunctional, yet still adorable, people that it is.

And I can see that it handles some of the themes and plot points it introduced with the care and elegance of a choking giraffe.

Dex-chan lover
That damned smile.... No wonder he fall head over heels to her huh? Can't blame him

He's so stubborn, love him for that🤣 uωu

Overbearing love sure is a pain, for one being dragged into their matter😂

Somehow i wish to cheer Barbatos here, he seems more fun to read than Zagan's.
I hope he manage to defeat Zagan or at least get Draw (double knock out).

Users who are viewing this thread