Fechippuru - Bokura no Innocent Love

Group Leader
So.

The first half of season 1 was 10/10.
The second half of season 1 was 3/10.
Years after season 1 ended, all that the commenters can seemingly talk about is how much worse season 2 is than season 1.

So… reason enough for me to not touch season 2 with a 10-foot pole.

Dex-chan lover
Pretty shitty overall. MC of season 1 is infantile retard, FMC is bit better, but not much. Grown up people acting like stupid middle-schoolers + idiotic drama and bunch of clichés. So funny!
2nd season is not so much annoying, but unbearably boring.

Group Leader
I read the entire thing.

The first couple is just pure fluff. Story paces itself well and I absolutely adore the stupidly cute lighthearted romcom. However, just be warned that the entire thing runs on idiot plot so if you're not into that then you probably won't like this series as a whole

The second, uh, couple is not that bad. I suspect the reason why a few people despited this part of the manga was because some parts of it were too similar to the, admittedly, better first season. It might also be because the author upped the idiocy to 16. Or that since it took place in a high school setting and had more characters, it shifted its focus more on the cringy school life and had slower and less romantic developments. It could even be the love triangle that was awkwardly executed from start to finish... Look, if you can stomach season 2's premise and extremely slow burn, then I recommend taking a long break from the series after finishing season 1, before continuing. You either forget about the series completely, or pick up season 2 experiencing the whole fetish rom-com all over again! It's a win-win!

I loved season 1, I still liked season 2, albeit a lot less since it's sooo dragged out before actually getting to the good parts, but it's not that bad. It's still very much the same stupid fetish-filled romcom fluff. One definite good point season 2 has - at least it knows what a love triangle should be (a triangle)

The series then all ties up pretty nicely with a cutesy after-story of all 2 cou... 5 main characters. Fechippuru has a simple yet unique premise that can be applied to lots of settings and different chemistry - I can understand why the author expanded the series beyond the first couple. I like the premise, so I love the entire manga as a whole - there's nothing better than a sugar-vomitting session to wash away the cringe every chapter! Thanks for the scanlations!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread