Fight Class 3 - Ch. 75 - Round 75: Not in Much of a Hurry

Oh my, crazy jitae is here. At least there’s no more “he’s not the mc” crap anymore. Maria deserves this, he no longer looks at her with the same amazement he did before, he now understands his relationship with her fully...a means to an end. Amazing chapter. Also can we talk about ja-kyung. Umm...what happened to her.

@WillLi Let's just agree to disagree. I get that you have a problem with us readers not witnessing the moment he "loses it". But that's what makes him snapping in this chapter so impactful. We've already been given all the elements needed to explain his breakdown.

This is not just the product of him losing the fight against Youn-joon, it's about all the losses he's been takin since he joined the fight classes. It's about him giving his all in his training and yet coming up short every single time. It's about him trying to stick to his beliefs just to fail all the same. It's aboutMaria, his mentor and the person he looks up to, humiliating him and calling him out for being himself. The scene with Maria and the scene at the hospital are big enough for us readers to understand the level of frustration and despair Jiu Ji-tae has reached.

We also have to take into consideration that there was some time between the fight, the exams, and what's happening right now. Also, there's a big possibility that Ji-tae is forcing himself to act this way in order to "toughen up" and meet Maria's expectations, as well as to fight without any type of restraint. That's why I don't have any problem with the reveal being this way.

So it's not like I don't see your point. I just think it works perfectly fine this way. Not everything needs to be spoonfed to the readers.

Group Leader
Hi there @Starstorm1. I was looking forward to your reaction to the Lee Ja-kyung reveal haha. I know you're very interested in knowing more about her, so her introduction and massive transformation must be something you're enjoying a lot. I hope we get to know more about her. What triggered her change and if she had any type of interaction with Maria while both were in Fight Class 3.

@shinratensei16. Oh definitely, I’m super excited to see where she’s going. I am almost certain that she and Maria have fought before or at least I hope they have. The chapter was amazing as usual, 2hakkk is a genius, I think everyone’s starting to understand why it’s so huge in Korea. Also is it just me or is jitae basically a version of Maria in her first year. Also I want to join the discord server, is there a link I can use? Thanks for translating as always.

It’s weird as fuck suddenly seeing jiutae act like this. Of course it makes sense with how much he’s been put through to train recently but it still seems abrupt having this sudden personality change
Thanks for uploading!

Contributor
I know that the author probably wants me to dislike this new Ji-tae but I'm into it. Kind hearted MC is becoming an aggressive, insane, borderline killer. Keep going, I want this dude to be corrupted to the max.

x11.png

nah

Fed-Kun's army
Lee Ja-Kyung : ch48 page 12, 3rd year
So how will things shake out now I wonder?

Dex-chan lover
Can anyone who has read ahead spoil me a tiny bit on the MC's future mental state? Will he remain like this or will he recover from this broken state?
Thanks!

Dex-chan lover
@MrMeow The thing is what happened in the hosptial doesn't imply that he actually broke. The whole hospital scene was showing that he was frustrated and struggling with the fact that he had to do something out of character. He had not 'accepted' violence, he just knew that he had to do it. He wasn't at the point where he 'didn't care' anymore like he is now.

@gptemp8916 The thing is some of the stuff you're saying are some pretty huge assumptions. For one the MC doesn't always come up short, just the fights with people from fight class. Remember he did other street fights during this time too. And then the hospital seen as mentioned above, while it's frustrating, there's no indication there that he's going to totally snap.

As for time, that's the whole problem and why the impact is loss. We know there is time, but we have no idea what happened in that time. You're putting all this significance on the things we already saw but none of that had actually broke him when we last saw him. Meaning it was likely -something else-. Something else -worse- than everything we saw likely happened off screen and was just glossed over. Think about that, because your explanation assumes what broke him is what we saw. But if that's not the case, are you really okay with us not seeing the moment that he breaks? Would you be okay with the fact that the MC snapped from something we never saw and that never gets explained? Because like I said, when we last saw the MC he wasn't broken yet, so there needed to be something more to tip him over the edge. Was it his friend saying something dumb? Was it someone trying to stab him in a fight? Did Maria say something awful? How are you okay with not knowing?

@WillLi. @gptemp8916. You are both are right. It comes down to interpretation. The hospital scene did outrightly say that jitae has had enough of being weak and did show him having a complete breakdown...to which Maria wasn’t even there to console him in any way, which shows a sense of distance between them in itself, she stayed outside. However for some this isn’t enough fuel to justify the huge change in jitaes demeanour even if we were predicting it. Either way, there’s frustration and questioning, both from the side of seeing jitaes breakdown and pain as well as the side of not seeing enough to make what he’s doing now make sense. But those feelings of frustration are the whole point of fight class 3, there isn’t supposed to be a justification for everything or a reason for everything or rather it’s not supposed to be so crystal clear. But it doesn’t reduce the impact which isn’t seeing him like this after the hospital but instead is seeing the kindhearted, respectful innocent boy who honestly does no harm to anyone by himself turn into a terminator who is aggressive, violent and is basically a bully.

However in saying this, I do need to point out something. He has come up short literally in nearly every single thing he’s done and his successes aren’t impactful enough to overshadow his many failings, at least in his eyes. He was disqualified from his exam, was crushed by taeyoung, beaten by the bullies (sowol saved him), only beat the first thug due to his clothing and a the ground edging up which allowed him to fall, the second thug left him bruised and he was limping and needed Maria to help him home so it wasn’t a massive success. Young Joons friends were going well but he couldn’t even finished the fight before young joon got there. He won against young joon only because he felt bad for both Marias treatment of him and the nose being broken. He has failed...a lot and it’s okay because he’s a beginner but his want to stop being weak and stepped on by everyone is very justified and has been there, whether people see it or don’t.

Dex-chan lover
@Starstorm1 it is heavily implied that the MC had several streetfights before the one with Young Joon, and after the first one we saw. Because his whole way of carrying himself changed by then. It's another case of things getting skipped. But that's why I say he doesn't 'always fail' just against people from Fight Class.

@Rand564

I really doubt he will stay that way. As he is now, he is not much different from his father.

I think the author is showing how Ji-tae has gained confidence but is yet to learn to keep his cool.

This will probably be over after one of his friends gets hurt because of it. Or maybe he will get badly injured himself.

This is just a guess tho.

Users who are viewing this thread