Fight Class 3 - Ch. 85 - Round 85: Cacophony

Fed-Kun's army
I really hope that the black haired guy will help jitae a little bit although idk because I feel likes it’s kinda 50/50 whether he helps or makes it worse 😔

I think the story direction is quite unique and i like the pacing leaving hints here and there but honestly it feels like im reading two different characters. I'll let it lie and just move on with the new "MC" but I would much prefer a gradual recovery for his psyche.

Fed-Kun's army
it's true they hinted at these things before but there mustve been a better way of introducing this whole angle, ji-tae and most of the other kids HAVE been living in this city for a long time too after all. feels like the author thought of it afterwards- otherwise it'd be something that was hinted at riiiight in the beginning before he even entered fight class
@mylastchance89 nice finds, makes sense

Dex-chan lover
It seems that Lee Hyun-Gul might be a mentor character of sorts for Ji-tae after this. He was probably the first person to ever try to actually talk to Ji-tae heart-to-heart, unlike Maria and Ji-eun. He also understands Ji-tae surprisingly well for the amount of time they've met, maybe because of his past experiences. While Ji-tae is still somewhat antagonistic to him, I feel that Ji-tae understands this fact and is willing to take a chance with them.

I wanna talk about the nightmare he has. It's just a straight look into his traumas and motivation. There's obviously his sister, Maria, and his self-loathing. But we also see that the life-or-death fight in the sewer haunts him, probably forcing him face-to-face with his own and other people's mortality. That's why after the sewer he starts becoming more obsessed with death, and starts beating his opponents to near-death. Also, I'm not sure if the hallway they're running through on page 29 is supposed to be somewhere specific but it might be a thing I just missed.

There's of course the foreshadowing for this chapter. Choi Young-joon (and some others probably as pointed out by @mylastchance98) came from the Tunnel, directly tying the Fight Class members back to the Tunnel. I don't think Jung-Eum will have a problem with Young-Joon's origins, but she will probably get dragged into the situation as well. There's also the deathmatch, with Chang-yee possibly being more ruthless than Ji-tae, and Ji-tae will probably have to grapple with killing someone again here.

Last note: from ch 82, Ji-tae might have gone to Steelworks for their money to heal Maria faster. Either that, or he was gonna team up originally until he saw that Hyung-Chul was part of their team, and probably lost all trust in Steelworks after that point.

@BasilD I think Jiu ji tae definitely went there to help pay Maria’s hospital bills. Because if you go back to the scene the doctors state that she’s fine but still won’t wake up. Meaning she is going to be at the hospital for an indefinite amount of time. Which is why jiu ji tae decided to call lee cause he needs money. He being able to join the fight club is merely a bonus in my opinion.

@Slapabear I think he started having a growth spurt once he started working out. Because he’s taller then Maria now when he wasn’t at first makes since because he is still 16.

Group Leader
Thanks for the comments, everyone!

To those worried about the "delay" for this particular release. The main reason is that the webtoon chapters come out weekly, but split into parts, while the manhwa chapters come out every 2 weeks. And even then, there are times were the chapters come out split into parts in the magazine version, so we have to wait until the next issue to get the full chapter.

Mind you that we release the chapters as a whole, and this chapter consisted of 4 webtoon updates which were split into 2 different magazine releases. The magazine issue of January 1st should have the last part of Chapter 86, so expect the next release to come out a bit sooner.

@BasilD
Also, I'm not sure if the hallway they're running through on page 29 is supposed to be somewhere specific but it might be a thing I just missed.

x7.png

x8.png

x9.png

x10.png

x11.png
x12.png

It was previously shown in Chapter 8 when Jitae went unconscious for a bit during the entrance exam. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a specific place in the real world either, but if I had to make a guess I'd say it's a depiction of Jitae's mental space. The place where his deeper fears and traumas are rooted in.

@Grim4531 @Slapabear That's precisely it. Jitae was 167.4 CMs at the beginning of the series, which made him 3 CMs shorter than Maria (170.4). But he's been getting taller ever since. Seeing him standing next to Maria is a good way of tracking his growth during the series.

Chapter 15:
x14.png

Chapter 34:
x24.png

Chapter 60:
x19.png

Chapter 63:
x13.png

Chapter 75:
x25.png

at this point i just want to see what he will do once he goes back to school

I’m glad his stronger but I’m worried what he’ll do once he goes back to school. He might try got kill the good fighters.

Users who are viewing this thread