Filter by chapter count/page count when searching for manga [complicated, see dev response]

I would like an option to the advanced search which allows you to filter by a minimum (or maximum) number of chapters.
If "only with translate chapters in language" is selected, then only counting the number of chapters in that language.
Alternatively the metric counted could be pages.
I want this feature primarily to sort away manga with few chapters, I usually want to read something with a substantial number of published chapters, so this feature would save me a lot of time, and I hope other readers here would appreciate it too.

Upvote 15
Yuri Enjoyer
Staff
Developer
Do this, but on the search page. I don't know why you are making a big fuss about it not being possible.
fxapGdI.png
That's an entirely different request; and it wouldn't work either. This is a chapter search, while the advanced search is a manga search. Anyway.

FWIW this is also a feature I'd like. Literally any solution to filter out manga that only have a few chapters and will never be updated, or are just beginning. Even messily implemented where multiple translations of a single chapter are counted its better than the feature not existing

just release beta sort by chapter count, we will try find out another way to get suitable search.
we just want read manga that have many chapter

First of all we can't see the amount of chapters each manga/comic has. It would be amazing to be able to choose the amount of chapters as a filter. Sadly many endless hours looking for a new read clicking on chapter less titles or titles with 1-5 chapters.

mod note: merged into existing thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Dex-chan lover
I wonder what kind of db mangadex uses. Relational databases and SQL have provided HAVING clauses for a long time.

Edit: ok it's a matter of chapters existing in different languages and making the feature ambiguous.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
I wonder what kind of db mangadex uses. Relational databases and SQL have provided HAVING clauses for a long time.

Edit: ok it's a matter of chapters existing in different languages and making the feature ambiguous.
Also, split chapters. "53" available chapters sounds great until you realise only 7 of them are in the language you want, and they're 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, and 7.5. A simple chapter number is incredibly deceptive.

Last edited:
Is there an option to add a minimum chapter numbr filter on manga? Sometimes i'm just looking for stories i can really sink into but finding 130 plus chapter manga is hard!

Hello people,

I've been reading on this site for a long time but finally made an account so I could suggest improvements so that the site would be better.

My main issue with being a speed reader is I blaze through mangas constantly and as with pretty much anyone I hate waiting for the next chapters. Nothing wrong with it, I know things take time but I would really be happy if the search filter included a function for how many chapters have to already be released to show on the search or at least for there to be a function to sort manga by how many chapters are out.

I don't know about others but I've read through all(and I mean all) of the genres I like and am now branching into different genres and a high chapter count is what makes me stay with a manga.

If it's possible although probably controversial a frequency of release would also be nice to have in a search function.

Peace!

mod note - merged into existing thread

can we search by most amount of chapters or least amount of chapters? i think that would be great. i thought we used to be able to. and also by completed.

Dex-chan lover
A feature for search. Like in anilist.co you can filler min and max amount of chapter, and volume.

Double-page supporter
Advanced Search needs a Filter for minimum chapter amount or whatever the correct term for it is. Just something like 1+, 5+, 10+, 20+, 30+, 50+ chapters and so on.
Need me the ability to search for manga with some meat on their bones. Or just +18 stuff that isn't posted without any chapters.

mod note - merged into existing thread

Users who are viewing this thread