Filter-Goshi no Kanojo - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Arrive Like A Storm

Group Leader
Unless this was an Osananajimi manga, she's an absolute losing heroine
her hair was short too afterall đŸ˜©

Group Leader
Yeah, I don't get why girls walk awkwardly with their legs inwards like that. Makes for some very crooked legs. At least in Japanese media.
Are you talking about pigeon toe stance or the knee valgus stance? (I've seen both). Maybe those medical conditions are considered beautiful over there.
Unless this was an Osananajimi manga, she's an absolute losing heroine
her hair was short too afterall đŸ˜©
Sucks cause she is more charming than FMC. Osananajimi always are. :meguuusad:

Dex-chan lover
We started off with an assertive glamorous girl, and now added another assertive glamorous girl. Can’t they have contrasted Mitsuha with a responsible smart girl instead? We’d get the “maybe she’s a better fit for stoney than me” from Mitsuha, and “what’s this thot doing dragging a good student around” from the new girl. But no, instead we got a second blatant fanservice character. So long as the characters have depth and are distinguished I don’t mind it, but this is insulting to the reader.
Mitsuha has no reason to think something like that even if a character like you said was introduced. She aced all her classes, and doesn’t have any reason to think that she’s “leading Stoney astray” irresponsibly because Stoney was already her fan before getting to know her.

The tripping, the panty shots, and the super short skirts are on the fanservice side I’ll admit, but you’re literally reading a manga where the the plot involves a girl who’s basically into exhibitionism. Why would one more character be where you draw the line in terms of fanservice?

Dex-chan lover
So much complaining and doom posting over something so trivial. The girl was just introduced and hasn't done anything yet somehow everything is "ruined". despite this, you'll be here to read the next chapter, rinse and repeat.

Dex-chan lover
Haha.. geez.. everyone complaining about a classic romcom trope is almost as bad as getting offended by panty shots in an ecchi manga. Just wait till the 3rd rival appears in another 10-12 chapters :smugnako:

Dex-chan lover
She better not traumatise my boy Stoney again! Though I guess his facial expression was pretty weird... I wonder if that'll be addressed, and if so, how? Will he work to fix his weird expressions, or will Mitsuha just accept them?

Dex-chan lover
This soon? It's not even ten chapters in. Ten bucks says they made stupid marriage promises in kindergarten and the MC just forgot
Nah, apparently something happened (forgot what exactly) in kindergarten that caused him to be expressionless, hence him earning his nickname

She's the reason he's like this now

Double-page supporter
RAAAAH I LOVE ROMANTIC COMEDY LOVE RIVALS THANK YOU AUTHOR-SAN
images
Say it again, King

Dex-chan lover
To quote a higly philosophical and sophisticated expression of the days yonder:
"Dat ass, unf!"

Dex-chan lover
This soon? It's not even ten chapters in. Ten bucks says they made stupid marriage promises in kindergarten and the MC just forgot
Nah, isn't he stone faced cuz he tried to smile in kindergarten and the girl was like completely scared off or something? And since that day he's never shown any emotion. Who knows, she might be that girl and has felt bad ever since. Or she could be one of the others in the class who he vaguely remembered

Dex-chan lover
No idea who they are listening to, if it’s the JP fans, the Editors, or just seeing others do it. But there is an absolute plague of seemingly decently set up romance manga lately that keep introducing entirely unnecessary love rivals in the first 15 chapters or so. It’s like they are terrified they will fail if they don’t offer potential waifu’s for every taste asap. Or feel like they need the injection of forced drama because they already ran out of other ideas. I’ve probably dropped at least 20+ manga over the last few months because of it, it’s almost always a sign that the mangaka is already running out of ideas for interesting interactions between the main characters, and it’s heading for either mediocrity or an early grave.

I think a lot of people are just tired of stagnating in the industry seems, with the same thing over and over, just like Japan’s economy, it seems their manga industry has hit a standstill except for a few exceptions.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Jack's Law of Modern Romcoms:

“Between the chapters 8-13 a secondary love rival will be introduced. This may be used to expedite or hinder the original relationships progress.”

Coincidentally, right when there is some development going with the duo! Because why else would the barely-mentioned childhood friend from years ago get a free 'sudden tranfer-student introduction' pass right into the same class and school they are in at this very moment, right?

... tropes or not, one could try to keep it interesting by mixing such things up and not just toss it in like this.

Users who are viewing this thread