filtering/searching "reading history", or advanced searching filtering for titles you have read chapters of.

Dex-chan lover
How do I do that? Wanted to look for some stuff I remember having read, but can't figure out the UI for doing this.

୧⍢⃝୨
Staff
Super Moderator
This is currently not possible in any way. Reading history is tracked per device and not saved anywhere in our servers.

Dex-chan lover
I search for titles in chapter discussions, if I want the title, I check the box "titles only" and select on dropdown "me", since I usually comment on chapters I read ( to make search fast ). I then type some keywords like "nomi" or "nari" or "kodon".

Dex-chan lover
This is currently not possible in any way. Reading history is tracked per device and not saved anywhere in our servers.
I was hoping to be able to filter it on my device (so localstorage would indeed be accessible). Unsure what the opposite would even have entailed?
That's the reading history tab, right? What about the read marker?
I have no idea. But I assume it is the same system, as they fulfill the exact same purpose.
I search for titles in chapter discussions, if I want the title, I check the box "titles only" and select on dropdown "me", since I usually comment on chapters I read ( to make search fast ). I then type some keywords like "nomi" or "nari" or "kodon".
Issue was that I didn't remember exact titles. And to be more specific, I was just wanting to filter reading history for "manwhas and manhuas" (or even more specifically, "long strip"), as they are the things I generally don't follow and instead let amass a lot of chapters between each read because the format is horrible to read otherwise (nothing tends to happen in each chapter), in addition to how regular tracking often doesn't work for them (MAL), so can't search there (MAL).
Also very spotty consistency regarding commenting on them.

Dex-chan lover
Two external sites.
Google image search may help you, but not as powerful as before - maybe post an ikemen face that is similar to what you recall.

Mangaupdates can also help in manwha searching - check the releases section.

Dex-chan lover
Google image search may help you. Mangaupdates can also help in manwha searching - check the releases section.
if I just want to search for any manwhas, then mangadex regular advanced search system works quite fine. Issue was that there are way too many of them, I only wanted to check in on stuff I have read before, and remember none of their titles.
Would either of those options really help with that?

Btw, I did end up finding enough of the titles - after, like mentioned, using mangadex search with filtering for "long strip", "fantasy" and sorted by latest, after paging through enough pages - to be satisfied. Was just a time-consuming hassle to do it that way :p

Dex-chan lover
Why don't you just create lists for keeping them easy to find?:pepehmm:
That seems as impossible to keep updated (there are reasons why, for mangas, syncing to MAL is my go-to (using the mal-sync userscript)), as the follows system is. And doesn't seem like you can filter Reading History or even Advanced Search using the lists either. 😅

Contributor
That seems as impossible to keep updated (there are reasons why, for mangas, syncing to MAL is my go-to (using the mal-sync userscript)), as the follows system is. And doesn't seem like you can filter Reading History or even Advanced Search using the lists either. 😅
The "follows system" will be reworked. That's already planned, so maybe for now it's not perfect but I think you can suggest a functionnality for the planned system.

୧⍢⃝୨
Staff
Super Moderator
That's the reading history tab, right? What about the read marker?
I have no idea. But I assume it is the same system, as they fulfill the exact same purpose.
Read markers are saved on our servers. Currently, Read markers and Reading history are unrelated and work independently. We will improve this system eventually, but no ETA for it, as always.

Users who are viewing this thread