Fire Force - Vol. 27 Ch. 238 - That Figure

Fed-Kun's army
To everyone who thinks this is bs or doesn't make sense, allow me to attempt to explain.

Because of all this Adolla stuff, the ideas and imaginations of all mankind are becoming real. The more people believe/think of these ideas, and the stronger the ideas is in their minds, the more the idea will encroach reality.

For example, let's say there are 100 people on the planet and Adolla really like the planet or something. 1 person reads about King Arthur and the idea that the Sword in the Stone is in some location is in his head. This won't affect reality all too much. Now, the other 99 people vehemently believe that a giant robot will descend upon a specific location. 4 of these people think that the robot will have laser eyes. The rest believe that it has a machine gun arm. In this case, a giant robot Does descend upon the specific location. However, it has a machine gun arm and not laser eyes.

TL;DR people's beliefs and ideas come true

Dex-chan lover
Now how the hell will they get Shinra out of the depths of Hades now?

(I've been watching God of War playthrus again)

Dex-chan lover
I guess we can all agree that religious people are usually fucking stupid.

Dex-chan lover
@Yaboi27 the way you worded it made me think that Arthur's mind is basically working like the Adolla world, if he believes something, his fire powers will respond and make it possible no matter how absurd

Reading this series made me realize that, Japan really loves demons. It seems like every story with demons and angels has the demons as the good guys killing the “bad” angels.

@EdenSphinx Its easy to say that it leans in that direction but when you take into account the whole there really isnt a trend either way. Especially when you correct for the oni = demon translations.

Nod

@EdenSphinx the half baked theories I've come up with over the years is that A: it all hearkens back to Christianity's not so steller introduction into japan. i.e Christians are bad therefore the beings they like are evil, ergo the beings they call evil must actually be good. a couple centuries roll bye and bam, everything with two wing and a halo has to constantly look over there shoulder for any moody teenagers carrying suspiciously large chunks of sharpened metal. B: (and bit more serious) since Japaneses society all but openly refuses to ever talk about all the internal craziness that went on during the decades leading up to and including WW2, it's a sort of subconscious cultural critique of the Japaneses empire during that time. The angels and god being substitutes for leading government officials and the emperor respectively. or C: (and honestly the most likely to be true) there is no deep meaning behind it... Christian iconography is just another in a long list of things japan has just sort of offhandedly culturally appropriated ( relax. I'm not one of these super "woke" people who's upset by this but there really isn't another way to put it) over the years because they thought is sounded cool and didn't really think about it much beyond that. for reference see the name of every fantasy JRPG/anime town/monster/boss/spell/ability.

@EdenSphinz To my knowledge Japanese spirituality or rather eastern spirituality in generally doesn't have the whole great evil vs great good motif. They don't really have a belief that God will triumph over evil and all that. I don't even think Japan has an equivalate to angels

Dex-chan lover
So the people are so autistic that they want a crazy pirate ship wheel god that will destroy them to be alive like wht the fuck

WTF man that steering wheel guy was trying to kill all of the cirizens and the citizens like noo he killed raffels sama. Man STFU
He's a doppelganger not real raffeles.

This entire chapter bro...damn. Why they did shinra like that? I totally agree. I expected the citizens to have a totally different direction.

Users who are viewing this thread