Fire Force - Vol. 27 Ch. 239 - The Vanished Hero

Dex-chan lover
I'm just gonna say, this is amazing timing.
Warning: Spoiler is about the most recent chapter of one of Shounen Jump's mangas.
It's about Devilman Chainsaw, referring to the chapter that was made available on the 16th of October 2020.
I find it absolutely astonishing that these two series have the same but opposite events happening simultaneously. Chainsaw Man is an actual devil, gets called a hero by the populace and loses (his strength). Shinra is an actual hero, gets called a devil by the populace and disappears.

Dex-chan lover
So ... are you telling me that Enen no Shouboutai is now an.... ISEKAI?!

i think the White-Clad
will put iris in Amaterasu to start the great Great Cataclysm

Dex-chan lover
@Voij but I actually believe this more, 'cause the series already where talking about Adolla, the conciusness and the fate of the pillars...
chainsaw man pulled that weakness outta nowhere, his powers is to erase but makina is still there

Aggregator gang
@Knighto
it was established early on that devils get their power from fear and chainsaw man only erases what he eats (which is why devils fear him), he hasn't eaten makima so

Dex-chan lover
The arrows in Arrow's eyes can point in different directions. Is that linked to her approval or disapproval of the person she is talking to?

Dex-chan lover
@SuperRobotSolo

I think it's just based on her mood.

Her arrows point down when Tamaki is arguing with her because they've got bigger problems: I don't think she doesn't like Tamaki. They point down when Sho disappears, and when she thinks about losing Sho. They point down when she first shows herself to Company 8, but that's probably because she doesn't know if they'll just outright murder her or not. She was probably a little scared.

Her arrows point up the rest of the time, because she's talking about hope and people are listening to her and they want to help save Sho and the world.

Dex-chan lover
One problem with a lot of fiction involving apocalyptic cults is that the story doesn't spend enough time addressing why these people would so fully commit themselves to The End of the World. I realize that there are many reasons why their motivations might not get a lot of elaboration, but that lack of clarity can make it challenging to take their goals seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread