Followed series override genre/theme/format bans

Power Uploader
You've said somewhere that by-series blocks will never be implemented because it costs a lot in terms of processing power and loading time, making the whole site less efficient and optimised.

But I wonder whether you wouldn't be able to do the opposite: implement a system of ban exceptions.

For example, if a person considers a given genre too much chaff to go through to find a jewel, but before reaching that conclusion chanced upon one series of said genre that is good; they could follow the series and block the genre it belongs to, and updates would keep appearing in the front page.

Since it's a negative, instead of positive selection, I doubt it would be as detrimental to the functioning of the site as blocking individual series.

what you are speaking of is already implemented.
as long as you are subscribed to a series, you still get the updates. the manga won't show up on the MD main page if you exclude a genre it belongs to; but the release shows up in the Follows.

for example, i am subscribed to "The Hero Who Returned Remains the Strongest in the Modern World" (it was recently updated, and does show up on the MD main page AND my Follows). but now i don't like the "Isekai" genre... i can go to my Settings and exclude that genre. That manga will still show up in my Follows, but it won't on the MD main page.

Users who are viewing this thread