Food Court de, Mata Ashita. - Vol. 1 Ch. 14

Contributor
@rebel16
In regards to your comment in the other version of this thread
"But first, we need to talk about parallel universes..."

QPU.jpg

Aggregator gang
I'm kinda confused why people would consider the one with "local rapist" and "machine gun reviews" as accurate.

Dex-chan lover
Tbh this is the kind of series where as long as the events seem to make sense more or less I don't care about the continuity or accuracy. I'm here for a loudmouth to spout nonsense and a quiet girl to be best girl, and every translation I've seen so far hasn't made me feel any different about it.

Dex-chan lover
Does mangadex allow rewrites? Because one of these chapters has to be a rewrite. Unfortunately a filthy EOP like me can't tell which.
After reading comments, seems this is the real one. Anyway I'm glad they made up, they're good friends.

Dex-chan lover
Wada talks a lot more in this version... Seems kind of more accurate with her character.

But yeah, this is a weird situation.

Ohh great now we have translators war in this serie as well? There are HUNDREDS of dropped series why don't you pick one but instead you go and translate something that have already been translated?

For people looking for the raws of Ch. 14.

https://twitter.com/_71416/status/1264762280563970048

Dex-chan lover
I'm kinda confused why people would consider the one with "local rapist" and "machine gun reviews" as accurate.
I have a few theories just for fun:

I also have a theory that there's actually more people not leaving comments at all than those who are leaving them. Like, massively more and we're actually the minority. So maybe commenters just suck. (<-that was a joke)

And there are people (like me) who actually leave comments on separate sites. For instance with Kaguya-sama and UQ Holder I mainly read/write comments on Mangahere because I like the tsukkomi system. So maybe more of the smart ones are on a different site!

Could be kids. It's not hard to just jump on a smartphone and check out the internet on wifi no matter what your age. You'd never know unless they specifically said it(the good ol' Youtube meme "I'm twelve!"). With all the quasi-ESL going around I wouldn't be surprised if some commenters were actually native and simply still learning English, maybe they are actually doing well for their age!

Last theory, maybe hyperbole caught hold of their heart and they think the TL is "abusing slang" and they weren't concentrating enough to grasp the reality that the TL might be suspect!

That's all I've got right now. P.S. Glad they made up, call me a yurifag but I think this wasn't quite GAY enough. But I'll settle for the fact that they are picking out each others' swimsuits.

I could tell something was up with the other translation with the swimsuit bit, it made no goddamn sense there, not to mention the suspiciously vast speech bubbles with little in them.
This seems way more accurate, I'm reminded of those accuracy vs precision charts, I can deal with a lack of precision so long as we're at least telling the same story, y'kno? The other one was not only suspect quality it was also way off the mark.

Users who are viewing this thread