Food Court de, Mata Ashita. - Vol. 1 Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
@Grishnag I just didn't quite understand what you meant in the last comment. Perhaps the translation is bad, it's not for me to judge, but they are not so different to talk about such a lazy attitude, as it seems to me.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan
I was bieng facetious in my last comment btw.
The other translation literally made shit up just look at the "date" thing, he said so in one of his comments even.

Dex-chan lover
@Grishnag Jesus, this manga just doesn't deserve all this crap over it. As if the author's karma was too bad in a past life, or it's all the result of some kind of very subtle trolling.

Fed-Kun's army
When you dismiss any criticism of translations with stuff like 'it's free so you don't get to complain' or 'why don't you just do it yourself if you don't like it' or 'we already have an incomprehensible version of this so go translate something else un-TL'd' that's how you end up with the literal fanfiction that was the other version of this chapter. Props to them for owning up to it and it ended up as a good demonstration of this even if it was stupid to release that chapter to begin with.

Dex-chan lover
@Grishnag If you go look through the other version's comment thread and look at only the comments by the "translator," they do admit that there were sections they couldn't figure out so they just guessed at what seemed to make sense to them. So yeah, they made shit up and pretended it was a translation.

You'll also notice that they never get the message that doing that isn't a translation and they shouldn't have pretended it was one. I chalked them up as a deliberate troll after a few interactions myself, but it's possible they're really that clueless.

Oh and they also tried to justify it as the series being forgotten if they hadn't come to the rescue... despite them being the fifth different translator to tackle the series in less than a month. (This one makes it six, that's more than one translator per week.)

Dex-chan lover
@Grishnag Well, I doubt that this is directly related to the author in one way or another. But at the same time, most Western fans know about this work primarily through translation here.

Finally a good translation. This is the first chapter in a while that both seems accurate and is actually readable. Thank you

Pretty sure the raws are posted on Twitter but this site compiles them in a way that makes it easier to read.

https://twiman.net/user/947671881443708928/1264762280563970048

@manabi ye you were right i was that clueless, i fucked up. Im so glad this version got made. Let it be a cautionary tale, dont repeat my mistakes kids!

Dex-chan lover
@CrowIsLookind Good for you admitting it, so many people don't! If you still want to get into scanlation, there's always groups hunting for people to help out. For example I know Iroho no Scanlation is recruiting right now, as is Death Toll Scans. I'm sure there are plenty of others, I've just seen recruitment notices from those two groups recently.

Once you're part of a group for a while you can ask them to pick up something you like that isn't being translated, since you'll be helping with the work. I used to do fansubbing, and it can be a really fun and rewarding experience.

I love these girls. I also love anon for giving us an actually good TL. God, I hope we get more chapters.

Double-page supporter
oh i would hate if this was the last chapter we ever got. it's too bitter and not sweet enough.

hoping this comes back better than ever.

Users who are viewing this thread