FootWork Girl Komura-san - Vol. 4 Ch. 48 - Step 48: Sudden Approach (Fixed Translation)

Dex-chan lover
While I appreciate you listening to feedback from viewers, as an older reader I want to reassure you that what you do is fresh.
Read manga long enough, and the cliche dialogue becomes so predictable you can read raws and tell what's going on without knowing any japanese.

In a medium designed for entertainment, it just gets boring. The viewers upset by your liberties are probably too young to have come close to any kind of manga burnout, but for me, I'm just looking for something fresh.
And fresh is in short supply these days.

@Kain13 if you didnt exactly know what the translation was actually like maybe stop assuming "it wasn't that bad" and "only a few puns".

@NimrodTranslator these are way better so thank you for uploading a fix rather quickly.

@yasashikakashi mm yes let's assume all disappointed readers are babies, great one. Impossible for "rational adults" to not be burnt out from reading too much manga amirite?

From where I'm standing only a mentally immature person would simply dismiss those that disagreed with the original translation as "too young". Fucks sake just say theyre babies lmao, no need to try and make yourself look mature.

Geez that was so terribly asinine it makes me sick.

@Excelsior ive already read deleted jokey trans, it wasnt even that bad when i compare them, how about stop being an elitist on every fuckin forum like your opinion matter on what people give for free.

"no need to try and make yourself look mature." for a guy that is malding on the comments and the translation, seems like ur more immature :^)

Dex-chan lover
i read the old translation (joke one) and actually it makes more sense lol

@Kain13 I hate commentating because usually it doesn't really matter and I can go on with my life without a hitch, but those memey translations are not working for me and are ruining the fun for me. So if I have to be immature to ask that translation are normal so I can enjoy what I'm reading, then screw it, let me be an elitist too.

Can't I enjoy reading some stuff without feeling like I'm going through a teenager's twitter account?

s1

@yasashikakashi
I think the main issue people had was that this manga didn't start out with joke translations so people got bummed when they expected proper ones and didn't get it, hence the backlash

Dex-chan lover
Imagine being butthurt about literature equivalent of mcdonalds, people treat manga like it's some higher art while we all know it's just japanese hacks of writers pandering to readers to get the sales.

It seems that some people can't decode the meaning of sentences if they aren't written propely. Or just have stick up in their asses I guess.

@Kain13
how about stop being an elitist on every fuckin forum like your opinion matter on what people give for free.
Well, sounds like you read a lot of my comments and have decided that my opinions matter a lot to you, though negatively. You're free to ignore me and think nothing I say matters, y'know? Also apparently I'm an elitist... what? Because of my recent replies lol? I can only guess reiterating known issues and how mods decided to handle those as a reply to threads with common questions/topics are somehow being an elitist to you? I'm confused.

for a guy that is malding on the comments and the translation, seems like ur more immature :^)
I often have a short fuse with such dumb shenanigans so I'll take the L on that one.

Also let's be honest the joke translation was uncalled for, was mostly crappy memes and unpleasant 12yo jokes. I've already said in the original ch 48 comment section that at least if you're actually gonna pull that off do it with style, not what those original chapters were. The infamous full throttle brit/aussie slang or archaic English translations come to mind.

@kciaar some people prefer laughing at literature mcdonalds as it is over jokes a translator tried to write in its place. Very surprising that people have different senses of humor.

Double-page supporter
If lulue really does become the main focus, I can definitely understand why the previous group would drop it. Unfortunately, every character besides the main two leads are annoying IMHO. Lulue and the other black-haired girl both take advantage of the two leads, so that’s why I don’t like them. It sucks because I actually really like the two main characters and the dynamic they have.

Dex-chan lover
I definitely understand why an arc focused around Lulue can be off-putting; she's definitely my least favorite character so far. That said, arcs like this can possibly redeem a character or at least make them more interesting to the readers so I'm curious to see where the author takes this.

Dex-chan lover
@Excelsior

Unfortunately it seems many 12 year olds like the "random swears and dumb memes translations". Every word should be in sarcastic quotes, to be honest.

The dude you responded to first apparently finds troll translations to be the peak of comedy, and yet proclaims himself to be older than everyone else.

Dex-chan lover
Can we get rid of this retarded plank already, go back to big breasted waifu damn

Users who are viewing this thread