For Better or For Worse - Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
Story wise it's bittersweet because we all know she's gonna fall for Cedric. But in real life I hope people would just speak up instead, no matter the momentary awkwardness, a lifetime of marriage is more or less permanent in this situation lmao.

That being said our girl is so kind ❤️
She was even like DOCTORS OK

I'm sorry ... but the grandpa always think of Layla like this, I feel pity for his wife ...
He probably really loved Layla, but in the last chapters he often talk about his own wife as an old hag ... kinda feel really sorry for her ...

🤣🤣🤣 he’s just here like will she be able too and then the next room her grandfather guilt tripping and charming her into staying omg I love the grandfathers he’s so cute in chibi form omg

Oh my goodness I think I would have faltered before this grandpa too, how do you disappoint that!

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how devastated Cedric would be if Dylan dies in childbirth in a year and he figures out that's what she was afraid of?

@AlmondMagnum ohhh with the way these stories are, that would never happen but now I really wanna see an angst au where it does! I love happy endings too, but that kinda angsty stuff is always a guilty pleasure lol

Yep, this is definitely where my time with this story ends. I'm supposed to sit and sigh with joy whilst watching some idiot with terrible eyebrows force Dylan to marry him whilst ignoring the concept of consent and pretending he can't help convince his grandfather?? And creepy-ass Grandpa is not free of the blame. He doesn't even care who his son marries as long as it's a Langston like they're animals for breeding or something?

(To the person who said it's okay to force Dylan to marry him because they match as a couple, that is not how consent works and your comment was high-key creepy.)

And then to make matters worse Dylan goes and caves in, giving up her whole life for the sake of some guy whose life is literally ending in two minutes, and I'm supposed to be happy about it? Marrying some guy who literally could not care a jot what she wants?? I'm sorry, even the notorious Christian Grey was less creepy than this. Goodbye.

cnd

I know the grandfather is supposed to be cute, but he's honestly just really selfish. Why does everything come down to the woman?? Why does she have to give up on her life because the grandfather couldn't get over his unrequited love? It's unbelievably selfish to guilt trip both Dylan and his grandson with his death. Moreover, it's not Dylan's responsibility.

Grandfather reminds me of my maternal grandad i love that old folk so much whenever I visit countryside I always bring him his favourite sweets and sometimes went to shop his favourite fav clothing brand and yess my mum spoils mi granddad a lot so would I he’s the best father I ever have till my dad came to the picture my grandad is my best friend! ❤️

I think a lot of people are bothered by stories with these setting because of all the forcing and what not and I agree. But the issue here is that this is more realistic of what happens than what happens now, you can't expect to read a story that has a more historical setting and expect to see something like equality between both genders, it's the unfortunate truth. I too am bothered a little, but I advise people to know what they are going into before actually reading, lest they start complaining how the story doesn't match modern values. Because chances are, it's not going to.

And if you want to be more realistic, a girl in the past wouldn't even meet a guy like Cedric nor have a family that cares about her that much. Like I said, I as well am a little bothered by the whole guilt-tripping thing, but it is the setting and how it was. I can't just expect an author to write a historical setting inspired story with modern values. Anyways, I get if anyone doesn't want to read this though.

@Im-Z-human I agree and most of the commenters who have a problem think it's only Dylan who is being forced. Cedric wasn't down for this either, he's forced by his grandfather to marry one Langton and complied with Dylan's wishes not to propose to her sister. Dylan is just more vocal and pessimist about it and Cedric is more optimistic. If it wasn't for the misunderstanding by the sister in the garden overhearing, who knows what would've happened. Maybe Dylan would've turned him down and he eventually went home empty handed, but that resulting situation forced both of them into it. Cedric didn't propose in front of everyone in some grand scheme to force her, it was them bickering privately. Alot of stories have thr guy being an ass and making her his wife forcibly or not caring how she feels at all but he's cooperating alot especially for their time.

I honestly feel bad for Dylan and Cedric.

Also, why is everyone thinking that Dylan think she's gonna die via childbirth? It's her sister with poor health and a fragile body not her. Besides I doubt she's even gonna have sex with him if she doesn't even wish to kiss him.

Users who are viewing this thread