For Better or For Worse - Ch. 11

@Chawder25
Exactly! She's just feeding into his sick fantasy to claw back a bit of choice, but really she's lost the battle and the war. I have absolutely no idea why she thinks he's "a good person" or why everyone's playing this off as a defeat for Grandpa when he's still getting everything he wanted.

Fpk

I pity the duke's grandmother😢. Poor lady had to put up with this love sick guy.

Contributor
...I see that in exchange for not protesting to the wedding she has gained, for now, possibly more control over the dukedom than her husband.

@AnimefangirlX:

Hmm... Calling grandpa "a good person" makes sense to me: Even if I personally agree he's a somewhat pathetic human specimen, it depends what you think is important. He's kind, but not considerate. A romantic who can't bring himself to see how much damage he's doing. He wants everyone to be happy, including himself, and doesn't realize (nor could easily be brought to concede that) the way he's trying to make that happen—to construct specifically his vision of his happy family, and no-one else's—is completely toxic.

All of which is to say, he seems like a human with regrettable human flaws, not so much a matter of nicely classifiable good or evil? Mostly the problem presently seems to be he has way too much power in his senile years and not enough people can say to him frankly, "Gosh, no, grandpa, that's silly."

I'm not sure how to feel about the Grandfather, honestly.

He seems like a nice guy, but at the same time he's so buried in his old, unrequited affection to Dylans Grandma that he forces that on his Grandson (and Dylan), not really seeming to care what they want. If they would have actually hated each other, what then? He would have forced them into a Marriage that isn't just without love, but possibly even worse, all because he couldn't get the woman he wanted 50 years before.

I kinda hate the grandfather. He is so obsessed with an old unrequited love that he forces his grandchild to marry one of two women in the entire nation. Like.. thats hella toxic.

Users who are viewing this thread