For Better or For Worse - Ch. 12

@ladylade no but enough things have happened the way they did in the story for her to believe it won't matter (i know one would argue her altering her sister's fate should be enough for her to think differently on this but you also have to remember her sister was basically just a plot device in the original story.) i can get her logic, she has no guarantee even if they're happy together the "proper" female lead won't show up and steal his heart without any say on his part because that's how the story is suppose to go, so rather than subject herself to something she's got a strong feeling is going to happen and leave her miserable, she'd rather just avoid it outright.

all that said it is an unfair position to be in, for ml and her. it's clear he does like her and while events are playing out similar nothing is set in stone due to him possessing his own agency (and opting to choose her because he became infatuated with her) so her dismissing him like this probably stings hard when she's not even entertaining the idea he is falling in love with her. on the other side, again, i get why she's doing it. who would want to fall in love so deeply with someone and have happiness with them only for the rest of the world to tell you it's not permitted and actively orchestrate things to course correct?

Fed-Kun's army
People saying 'we are in for a frustrating ride' and stuff like that are nearly as annoying as people outright spoiling people imo and there are quite a few here it seems

Pretty sure the ex fiance (miles right?) would show up someday and cause major um misunderstandings and jealousy

Dex-chan lover
Girl you need that shovel taken away from you. Seriously you picked the dumbass who was such a wreck that he became a family curse word to lying and say you still have feelings for?
Literally him bringing it up to anyone even slightly related to her household will shatter that bs excuse. It was a panic grab to be sure but lordie was it a bad one.

I kinda hate FL personality. She's being disrespectful to the ML for lying about her being in love with his ex fiancé and saying those nonsense. How can you say "If you have another girl you like, don't mind me" like WTF man? Better not getting married at all bruh

He doesn't like her, he's 'intrigued' at best and he's only marrying her because he has to marry a Langton.
Let's not start throwing rocks at MC just because we can see inside the ML's head.
If you already hate MC by chapter 12 then just drop this story, it's early enough that we haven't gotten into anything.

From what I understand the novel probably was written to make Adeline the 'perfect' match for ML. It was a romance novel after all and they always say that only the 'one' can be your true love.
So, even if he loves someone else according to the novel he'd fall in 'true' love with Adeline.
Hence why MC cannot trust ML or his feelings until Adeline comes into play and he actually rejects her.
This is just my theory though from the brief bits we've learned about the novel's destined love.

Page 1: No, Dylan was not the winner and the visit did not end with a compromise. Unless your idea of a compromise is a prisoner on death row getting to pick their last meal, or the kind of blindfold they wear before the firing squad. It can barely be called a victory. In the end she still has to marry a man she doesn't want to, at a time she doesn't want to. The whole manhwa is suffering from cognitive dissonance, losing but pretending they're winning. Poor Dylan...😒

And of course, out of all the "We won't fall in love" series I've read, exactly 0% of couples didn't fall in love by the end. 😏

@ENJAY "intrigued"
yeah. those who are annoyed by the mc's action from this chapter where born yesterday. From a historical perspective, marriage is not about romantic love to begin with.

Anyway, I like the MC so far.

The practice she was taling about is the kiss on the cheek, right? 🤣

Imo, the FL is v innocent in some way lol

Dex-chan lover
Lmfao why would you say you still had feelings for the man you turned into a curse. Does she think he'll never pop up again?? This is worse than "do not fall in love is written in a contract" in terms of things that are going to come back to bite them in the ass

Users who are viewing this thread