For Better or For Worse - Ch. 7

@blazing_daze okay you're right. I misunderstood the whole thing. When I re-read it, it started make more sense. I even noticed some more important details.
I initially I pitied the ml cause his grandpa selfishly forced him to marry when he didn't want to. But now he's not pitiful at all, in fact he seems entitled. The younger sister was only 17 and he's like 28 (OMG she's just a kid) I can't belive I missed that. You were so on point.
About child birth, I didn't know much so I looked it up (I wish I didn't T^T) oh my god its scary. There are so many things that could go wrong, how do women consider a second child after this (/ω\)
All things considered please don't call me a sexist (ノ_<。) or a prick. I apologise for posting a comment after my half assed reading. (╥﹏╥)

Double-page supporter
@LordDim She can't say no. Not after he proposed in public in front of guests and his grandfather the duke, who also made it clear he supported it. Her family is broke, the duke is well regarded and their financial support, and political marriages are an acceptable and expected thing. She has no reason to refuse ("I don't want to" is not a valid reason), and to do so would be a humiliation and an outright insult. It would doom her entire house (not to mention her and her sister's chances of ever getting married). She is already something of a pariah and a burden on her family, whom she loves. She couldn't do such a disastrous thing to them just to save her own skin. So she bit the bullet and accepted.

The dumb thing is her thinking that the FL will come by in the future and he will fall for her. He only fell for the FL in the novel because he was at the absolute lowest point in his life, having lost his wife, unborn child, and dear grandfather in a short time. We don't know about the grandfather, but she doesn't plan on dying, so Cedric shouldn't be devastated by the time he meets the FL. He might not even meet her, since he supposedly met her at the bar he went to to drown his sorrows.

I don't really care about morals in my webcomics, but watching a woman who doesn't want to marry be pushed into a corner and give in isn't fun at all... I am now both mad and depressed :/

Users who are viewing this thread