For Better or For Worse - Ch. 7

oh this is going to be a long uphill battle to keep the engagement. prepare yourself, cedric! xD

ngl everyone criticizing my girl for fully handing her man away but if she didn’t think that for some reason ~ him and that other girl had to get together there would be no plot T.T also ngl if i got isekai-d and ended up w the ML id be freaked for life ok. i would absolutely find his gf for him and dip

A few people have already mentioned this, but in case it's still not quite clear. Dylan isn't setting up Cedric with his future GF for the lulz or because she ships it, but rather because she's concerned that the novel's plot might act as a kind of predestined fate if she doesn't. Thus, her biggest attempt at breaking fate is actually setting up Cedric with what's-her-face prior to getting pregnant with Cedric's child so that the fate of "Cedric's first wife" is avoided altogether.

In short, she's convinced that unless she can make that relationship happen, her free will be in some way limited by the novel's plot. Becoming the First Wife character instead of her sister, after all, is a minor change (especially if Emily later turns into the novel's Dylan-esque antagonist) compared to just bypassing the First Wife tragedy altogether.

Fed-Kun's army
Almost no one seems to be taking into account whether she even wants him in the first place. They haven't exactly had the best first impression.

Dex-chan lover
Being born premature adds risk of having a premie yourself, and teen pregnancy is a risk factor for both the mother and child in various ways. If you add the fact that she was sickly as a child, Emily dying in childbirth has kind of obvious causes.
I thought Dylan was acknowledging that when she called Emily young and delicate, and talked about difficulty with adult relations. But she's still caught up on novel roles. Understandable (i wouldn't want to marry him either), just annoying.

To y'all peeps comparing it to nowadays' standard, it's different. This is a political marriage, unless she really REALLY doesn't have any good reasons to reject, she really shouldn't. I mean do you think the ml also like her THAT much?? It's been what 3 days since they met? I repeat it is a POLITICAL MARRIAGE that is common among nobles where most personal feelings don't come into play.

Dex-chan lover
I kind of love how we were all like "Gone to the Miles? WTH?" and the author spent the first half of the chapter explaining it was an inside joke. XD That Miles jerk though, I bet he shows up again...

for real, im fucking GLAD the ML is well aware of her nature. i would be genuinely pissed by his nature if he did all this shit and wasnt aware she wants to square up, like its funny bc he knows lmaoooo,,, like their dynamic be genuine without any miscommunication (which ngl, miscommunication always stresses me out), and both are very honest about themselves.

ALSO HAHA TO THE MILESSSS

Dex-chan lover
I love that the family turned that creep into a inside-family-curse

Bruh she's dead set on giving Emily a happy ending and cherishes her like an actual human being but treats everyone else as mere characters who won't stray from the role they're written into? Please I need some brain usage here.

obsessed with how they just vibe with each other lol
thank you so much for the translations!!

Using your ex's name as a swear word? What a POWER move! I love this story!

Thank you so much for translating!

Users who are viewing this thread