For Better or For Worse

Fed-Kun's army
This series has the fluff I was looking for!
Btw, is there no spoiler? I want to know if things are going well in the future too. I'm afraid if there's sudden angst in this story... I can't stand angst

Fed-Kun's army
Part of me is looking forward to meeting the OG FL. She sounds interesting tbh

The slow burn, I love it! Also, ML's mom is such a tsundere, she's a riot, I love her!!!

I don’t really understand why this manga is rated so high. It’s nice and I do like it but it feels quite forgettable, it’s not one of those where “I can’t wait for the next chapter to come out” which I would expect from such a high rating.
It has some humor, fluffiness, and is quite wholesome but I don’t know maybe because it’s starting and I feel like not much has happened so far. Overall it’s a nice easy read with charming characters.

But those who really do like it (like the ratings seems to show) please do tell me why you think it’s so great? Maybe I am missing out on something.

@Snoufia I haven't ratted myself, my guess it's because of the main couple, they are a breath of fresh air, they are mature but funny, they feel comfortable with each other, there is no unnecessary drama.
For example, in most cases, the dance to say, one of them, most of the time the girl, will be overly shy and blushing despite not haven't known for too long.
Mother in love is a sweetheart, she is not mean for the sake of being a villain, neither is a forgettable saint, she has a fun personality.

So yeah, it's pretty much because of the characters, the story may not be of mystery or dangerous with high stakes, but is really good at what it does.

I think this probably is more significant if you have binged a BUNCH of the very same junk food characters and stories that for some reason you can't stop reading.

@Snoufia

maybe because this manhwa has much charm such as:

lack of tiresome drama, most of drama and problem comes from their conflict with their innerself, (because sometime itself is less dramatical)

some very likeable charas, most of them are very fresh and fleshed out, author seems always show us their other side despite only being appointed as a character/role like in the original novel
Like cedric's mom, instead just potrayed as evil mother in law, she is a tsundere mother-in-law that caring with her son and daughter-in-law, ofc she is hostile to dylan at first, because she didn't really know dylan personally and her son just married langton out of nowhere, but after she have a chat with her and know her personally, they has good relationship as daughter and mother-in-law, she even help her with her dancing lesson

Character interaction was good, and funny sometime

dylan's character is very good, not typical dumb/naive mc villainess, or mc who over stressed out with the plot, sometime she enjoy her time with cedric even she know that someday fate would separate them, most of the time she act like proper adult, but still has cute side on her

cedric is not just plain dumb simp or typical cold hearted ML, ofc he is gentleman who has diginity as a man and high noble but still has caring side of him

dylan and cedric dynamic are very good and sweet af

some ppl enjoy sweet and slow romance like this

@Snoufia

I didn't really expect to like this series as much I did, but I do. For me, it's the very small interactions between FL and ML that build up to something much greater. For example,
there is a very funny moment where FL repeatedly steps on ML feet during dancing and says they were all by accident but the last one.
There are many very small interactions that don't seem like they add up to much but to me, they show a lot of affection for the two characters.

I find that this manwha the most natural relationship I read between FL and ML even though most series include a female and male relationship. I don't know why it appeals to me so much but it just does. Reading this makes me wonder why no other manwha relationship feels as wholesome as this relationship. Maybe I need to read more manwha but frankly, I read too many and I am pretty sure I know how most of them go.

Plus you have the other things that @yudh08 points out. There isn't a lot of bullshit tropes in the series.

One issue I have at the beginning.
FL is supposed to recall her memories. But the problem is that she recalls that she was evil in the novel version. But there is no explanation for why she is good this time around. It's not like she recalled her memories early on as a child and then resolved to be better or something. She is just not very villainous this time around for some reason.
It's not really important to the story anyway so I don't really care about it even though it's odd.

@f0xhunt thanks for your mention

Also

one of my issue is at ch 1 when cedric went to langton's teritority

even if he is good at self deffense, he still a high aristocrat, could at least he brought some guards? because langton's live quite far from his place, it would be dangerous if he going there alone right?

this manhwa/novel cover somewhat deceptive, its like a cover from revenge villainess/edgy returner fantasy story

but this manhwa content is sweet and fluff af

@Just_hana That's what I thought as well!!! I just love the slow burn and maturity of the characters in this webtoon and in Bring the Love. I also love the comedic parts because they're being childish compared to how they're usually perceived as, which indicates a certain comfort level that they do not notice they exhibit. This is unlike most webtoons where the ML is an asshole to the FL then becomes a simp or the ML sees the uniqueness of the FL and simps for her. This is probably one of the reasons why this is rated so high @Snoufia To me, it's one of the more believable ways of portraying two people falling in love.

Are woman realy like this. Suttle hurtlefull words withoit actauly saying and hitting were it hurts.

Users who are viewing this thread