For Better or For Worse

I went in this preparing for the booming "reincarnated in a novel and the male lead likes me instead" style of story and it delivers. One thing is that the characters are strong and likeable, which only enhances in a character driven story.

Easily a strong 8/10 for me

Dex-chan lover
The one thing I dislike about this story,
Dylan actively changes the story preventing Cedric from ever falling low enough to fall into the arms of the main female lead, but is still convinced that they'll get together for some reason, completely ignoring the events that actually lead up to their meeting and subsequent romance, The story is going to be different from how you remember because you're changing the story as you go, but Dylan is incapable of seeing that for some strange reason.
Maybe I'm just giving an average story more credit than it deserves but I'd prefer if the main character wasn't so glaringly ignorant of such an obvious thing.

@sedition i completely agree! I feel like its a common character flaw in stories w this type of plot. its as if they are so clever and smarr but completelt lack logic!

I love the art of the novel at the end of the chapter, Cedric looks so friggin hot there jesus. I like the art of the manwha as well but hot damn

I think I am just overdosing on the villainess stuff, but I really hate how the female protagonist never actually “live” their own life. They say they want to but they always try to follow the directions of the book. Like bruh, I lowkey kinda feel bad for the dude.

Lordy Dylan needs to use her head.
Others have already mentioned her complete lack of recognizing she's changed the story so Cedric wouldn't fall for the other girl now, but there's one other thing I noticed I have to add to her foolishness. She still insists Cedric will fall for the other girl, but goes on about how she doesn't have the training or knowledge to be a Duchess. She knows a hell of a lot more than the other girl, who I swear Cedric met while she was working as a barmaid or something. She can't complain about her lacking then think the girl who lacks even more is perfect for his wife, oiy.
I enjoy this story, just really wish it wasn't the typical FL is smart yet can't see the truth right in front of her face plotline.

Users who are viewing this thread