For Imperfect People

Double-page supporter
It's truly amazing to me how many times I'll be reading through a comment thread, read one of the comments, think, "Wow - what an asshole," then look over and see mikegnesium's name on it.

That out of the way - thanks for sharing this with us _anq. The ending was a bit less satisfying than I would've hoped, but I still immensely enjoyed it, and I look forward to more from this mangaka. They showed a great ability for characterization and the art is oddly impressive, in spite of being superficially simple.

Dex-chan lover
Just found out about this, pretty good and fluff(?) then comes the usual love triangle...

It's truly amazing to me how many times I'll be reading through a comment thread, read one of the comments, think, "Wow - what an asshole," then look over and see mikegnesium's name on it.
Blocking works just fine - you don't have to "martyr" yourself for social credentials, just because having those is a little chic right now, you weebo twat. There, now i'm "asshole".

And with that out of the way:

The ending was a bit less satisfying than I would've hoped, but I still immensely enjoyed it, and I look forward to more from this mangaka. They showed a great ability for characterization and the art is oddly impressive, in spite of being superficially simple.
Wow. What an empty word salad - using lots of adjectives and adverbs won't make your writing more meaningful or sophisticated.

Group Leader
I actually really enjoyed both the tone and the overall progression of the story.
That said, the ending was indeed rather unsatisfying.

All in all, I'd rate it as a bit better than okay.

Dex-chan lover
It's a great manga, especially if you're drunk.
Because diabetes and alcoholism goes hand in hand.
Seriously though, this is a nice read. It just hits my kokoro on the right places.

Kinda wish they went into their backstories more but i still loved it a lot and i really enjoyed it and will probably re read this in the future.

why is there always some dude who has never had an emotion in his life trying to criticize manga about overcoming suffering

One of the few mangas that handles the bullying theme well. The bullies are depicted as unsatisfied humans, who, in the end, still are normal humans with frustrations and also can be nice. That's pretty close to how certain bullies were that I saw in my high school. Of course, there are also bullies that are way more evil than the ones shown here, but I think the 'softer' bullies are more common, on average.
Other good mangas like 3gatsu no Lion failed at handling the bullying theme well and especially at showing a way to break out of the situation, therefore, this short, cute but serious manga impressed me.

Hope the author will consider to continue this Great Manga, at least just ONE MORE CHAPTER😀

I still want to how Hoshi and Kokoro will respond to each other when the meaning of the hearts they drew revealed

Dex-chan lover
A sweet manga that, fir the first time since reading about 40 romance stories, got me more interested in the story than how the romance would end.

This manga covers themes of bullying and fitting in. Senpai is a troubled third year who tries to suppress her problems by smiling them away rather than confronting her challenges. She finds herself in a cycle of being ostracized and bullied, trying to act all cheerful and being bullied further as a result. It is nice to see her confront her bullies and find they are also flawed, with troubles themselves and a prejudiced view of Senpai. She is the best character no doubt. Hoshi, the first year who befriends Senpai, helps her overcome her past demons while confronting his own simultaneously. He also likely crushes on Senpai, although the ending is open. I liked him well as a supporting friend for Senpai to lean on.

The message is optimistic. It assumes bullying can just be waved away by clearing up misunderstandings. While I was not bullied in high school, I was ostracized in elementary for most of the time. How I stopped the bullying was finding friends, including one very close one, to lean on and be honest with while I put up an image of sorts to fit in with those who ostracized me. Who knows, maybe if I tried what this manga suggests things would have gone better. But I can't say, although I never got an "apology", more so I had to accept a one-sided offer. Maybe high school students are different, but extrapolating my elementary school experience tells me this manga is quite optimistic. Still, I found the manga did treat themes of bullying with respect.

As for the romance, I honestly didn't care much by the end. The main theme was overcoming bullying, the romance was just an add on. I didn't like the open natured ending, but that honestly doesn't matter since the story never put romance as the primary plot driver.

This is not a great manga. But it is good, and at just 11 chapters can easily be read in an hour. Which you should.

7/10.

Users who are viewing this thread