Free Life of a Leisurely Otherworldly Person – I’m Not a Hero, So I’ll Do Whatever I Want - Ch. 5 - Pitiful Goddess-Sama

Dex-chan lover
The concept of god in all these isekai manga are so dumb lol

what kind of god keeps needing power from a mere mortal/human
They're less God in abrahamic religion sense and more God in shinto sense.

Plenty of polytheistic beliefs have this trait of the deity/supernatural forces' strengths being linked to how many humans believe/worship in it.

It's an.... interesting trait if you look deep enough in ancient (and even modern) beliefs.

Dex-chan lover
They're less God in abrahamic religion sense and more God in shinto sense.

Plenty of polytheistic beliefs have this trait of the deity/supernatural forces' strengths being linked to how many humans believe/worship in it.

It's an.... interesting trait if you look deep enough in ancient (and even modern) beliefs.
Anyway, in Indonesian, there are distinct call for polytheistic gods and monotheistic god. "Tuhan" is god in monotheistic beliefs and "Dewa" for gods in polytheistic beliefs.

Dex-chan lover
"If that's the case, we need to report to the capital." Wow, I smell problems.

Dex-chan lover
Ch4 Pg5_Bowman was mentioned and he is the father of Powell if anyone was wondering like i was

Dex-chan lover
This world's divine realm is a mess. Why is the chief god so weak and unknown by people.
a combination of mismanagement, timidity, and the sad fact that it's proven to be surprisingly easy to sell people (especially powerful people who can dictate state religions or set up institutions) war and conquest.

Kinda reminds me of A Wish to Grab Happiness. MC was timid when he joined the hero's party and ended up the object of everyone's vented emotional issues. Went back in time but, because he was a slum kid with no opportunities, the only thing that changes was his attitude. Him being combative with them changes the sort of person they are when dealing with him and set him up as an alternate hero that forces growth and change in the party while the original is a source of acceptance and solace for the others. Well back to the point, being timid with people can lead to all kinds of issues, both organizationally and personally.

Dex-chan lover
so far seems pretty good. That was a good bit of info dump

Dex-chan lover
It was confusing reading the war-god/main-god sentences, so I believe a good indicator between the two would be demigod for the war god, or deity, or even the CAPITAL or lower case g option (God, god) to help make the distinction

Dex-chan lover
This world's divine realm is a mess. Why is the chief god so weak and unknown by people.

She basically got supplanted by the god(s) who were more connected to current events.

Or to reframe it in a more modern context, the chief god is kind of like the CEO of the company you work for. Sure they do important stuff, but they're so far removed from you they might as well be a myth. But your manager is right there, and has a more direct influence on helping/hurting you. So you focus your efforts on keeping your manager happy and don't really focus on your CEO.

Dex-chan lover
She basically got supplanted by the god(s) who were more connected to current events.

Or to reframe it in a more modern context, the chief god is kind of like the CEO of the company you work for. Sure they do important stuff, but they're so far removed from you they might as well be a myth. But your manager is right there, and has a more direct influence on helping/hurting you. So you focus your efforts on keeping your manager happy and don't really focus on your CEO.
she's the one they call on for summoning and they have been throwing a bunch of other demands at her, running her ragged. I don't think she's far away removed enough for that to be the case. It's more like they see her as a doormat.

Users who are viewing this thread