From Leveling Up the Hero to Leveling Up a Nation

Fed-Kun's army
God damn it... You cant have a harem without romance... Thats like saying a school setting is a harem since theres alot of women in the story

Fed-Kun's army
It seamed the it would be interesting but so far the characters are boring and the development in each chapter is boring

@daeat Actually most harems are pretty much devoid of romance, and are in place to secure dynastic heirs and for the lords personal pleasure.

Dex-chan lover
It shouldn't take 7 + chapters to get to the starting point of your story's premise. We all know why we're here, we just want to see the OP protag start upgrading shit, everything else can be condensed and doesn't need to be this drawn out before we get an actual taste of the goods.

@jameaney yeah but who's to say that this manga doesn't take a more historical perspective to harems then a anime trope perspective? I haven't really read the raws or the novel so I don't know about it, and if he did he really should've marked it as a spoiler.

@Fotsvamp He's just commenting on the tags though. The tags have "Harem" but no "Romance" tag. As far as spoilers go I'd just avoid comments all together if you're worried about it.

there are some nice characters but the world building and the politics are bullshit

pulling the waifu flag this early. man isekai really is the low hanging fruit of manga, such a weak premise and weak execution so far.

Dex-chan lover
man isekai really is the low hanging fruit of manga, such a weak premise and weak execution so far.
Isekai is such low-hanging fruit that even non-isekai like this series keep getting mistaken for isekai by people who don't understand that fantasy setting (≠) (does not equal) isekai.

Dex-chan lover
Seems like a piss poor copy of I Was Kicked out of the Hero’s Party Because I Wasn’t a True Companion so I Decided to Have a Slow Life at the Frontier which was released two years earlier.

@comeonnow0 Thats a good thing since a lot of what makes isekais bad isn't limited to strictly isekai/reincarnation. I don't think Fantasy as a whole is in danger of this, just those who have the usual culprits - harem, shit characters, revege fantasies, "bad" skills, "slow life", etc.

Fed-Kun's army
If it keeps a strong focus on actually developing this rural backwater then this could turn out good, but I definitely see some red flags early on.

Now we know who's the FL. No offense to other shounen mangas but I RARELY like the FLs they're just too annoying sometimes (too girly or whiny 🙄😑) but idk why but I think I'll love this FL's character 🤔

Strong start. Mediocre follow up. Mostly because they had to introduce the harem before anything has really happened. Maybe worth binging later with more chaps.

@me474 Yes what they gave him was a payment. They gave him a position of authority and respect that he can use to make money. Think of it like in the feudal age. If you are given a landed title that means you have a manor and the lands around it to support yourself and your troops. Yes responsibilities go with that title but that doesn't mean it isn't a reward.

Users who are viewing this thread