From Nightmare to Love

Is this super sad? Cuz I don't wanna be heart broken again... I mean, I see the tragedy tag, but is it super-tragic, or meh? Guess I'll have to wait and see...

Dex-chan lover
@michlele the tragedy tag is a bit misleading. no one dies or anything, the girl is just suffering from some issues because of rumors. however, it seems like with every chapter her life is getting a bit better. which makes sense why this is called "Nightmare to Love"

Aggregator gang
While I can see why it has a tragedy tag, I think it also needs a comedy tag too. There are some really funny moments so...

Apparently they're supposed to be college students? All the college students I know are too busy dying from overwork to give a fuck about who is fucking who unless it's their immediate friend. 🤣 (Plus what college students have uniforms?)

Dex-chan lover
@verynicelyglazedceramicmug That's unfortunate. Do you have the author's twitter or anything that you can link?

@youkonos My college.
My college has uniforms. Every college in my country probably does. And I'm here reading mangas so that goes to show we're not really that busy. But who knows? Maybe imma fail this year.

ss1 ended at ch. 50 and ss2 was originally planned to be release in January 2019. Unfortunately, the author got into a serious head injury from an accident around late november 2018. The good news is she regained her consciousness(can't move most parts of the body) for a while now, but still need quite a bit of time to recover since her brain nerve was still severely damaged. So, don't expect anything soon. Best of wishes to the author.

she has pixiv, fb, ig and twitter use MomoJi 'ももじ keyword to find them. Her status updates are mostly in Thai and from her friend.

Yeah I can’t read it, because if the mc knew the trash’s intentional, she should not have showed that it affected her, making him win. Will, it’s easier said then done.

I discovered this hidden gem by chance.
Plotwise this manga/manhwa/longstrip is nothing extraordinary.
But execution is 9 out of 10. Author clearly knows about real depression. Real like self-hurting, all-alone, suicide depression.

I urge everyone to read it.

By the way I have re-read it and wanna share my thoughts and foundings.
Plot summary in 3 sentences: Boy(Yuya) meets girl(Kan) on a verge of suicide. He is trying to help her. Kan's ex-boyfriend interferes with it, because he is jealous asshole controlling freak.

I believe Yuya is actually much more damaged one out of 2 main heroes. My interpretation:
Before the main plot some girl close to Yuya killed herself. Almost certainly because of actions or inactions of Yuya. He was the first one to find her body. This experience gave him PTSD. With constant nightmares (chapter 24). With self-loathing (chapter 30). I don't think it was a joke. Yuya really believes he never did any good ever.

Users who are viewing this thread