From Overshadowed to Overpowered: Second Reincarnation of a Talentless Sage - Vol. 2 Ch. 6.4

thank you for the chapters Kirei

that bird surprised me somehow

Dex-chan lover
I thought he grew up poor with his mother in a tiny hut? Why did the author suddenly decide to make him a rich bastard? Did he give 1 or 3 gems? Each one was 50 gold. I don't remember how much 1 gold was, but assuming isekai logic, $100 per gold, that's $500 worth of food, and how is he going to eat 5 tables worth of food?

Dex-chan lover
Reading the comments makes me reread the chapter to look for the freaky bird. Damn sure such simple "addition" is enough to freak people out

@Nk9bjP4A forgot that MC "inherit" his father's fortune who is a lord?

Dex-chan lover
that bird though... was it two eyes in one side of the head or 4 eyes in pairs in each side of the head...

Fed-Kun's army
@Nk9bjP4A
It's his father's money, that was taken by his mother after his father's death, and now was given to him.

Contributor
@Nk9bjP4A MC's father was the highest ranked Duke that rebelled and assassinated the King and all of his family except for the Crown Prince baby which he saved. MC's younger big brother took over as head of the family after the father and oldest big brother were hung for treason against the crown.

@zetsuravez Four eyes, two on each side.

Ah yes, the Japanese trope of "if we can't put Japanese food in the other world, nothing but piles of meat will meet the MC's dietary requirements".

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
But just because a person who has lived poor would inherit money, doesn't mean that person would immediately start being wasteful with it. Buying 5 tables full of food is completely wasteful. And there was no reason to go to the expensive restaurant and offend the employees with a slave where slaves are not allowed, and then presenting lots of money to appease them, other than to be a show off. It's like saying, "I know you don't like it, here's a lot of money, so I can do whatever I want."

Contributor
@Nk9bjP4A That's precisely why he did it though, He's nobility and wants them (the other rich and influential customers) to know that he has the means to back up anything he does. Rumors about his actions in the restaurant will spread quickly among the power circles in the country,

Ahh yes, the classic, let's put modern morals in an isekai manga that look like is settle in medieval times. Even if the protagonist is actually from that world and from 6 generations ago, so his worldview and morals are more backwards and ignorant that the new generations.

Cool bird too.

Wait, those four eyed birds have snake eyes, which is only useful for predators...
I think we got ourselves some carnivore birdos.

Dex-chan lover
Uhh bird eyes go either side of the head mangaka..(Yes I know it's meant to be some weird af monster sparrow)

Users who are viewing this thread