From Overshadowed to Overpowered: Second Reincarnation of a Talentless Sage - Vol. 2 Ch. 6.4

Funny thing is, the MC is actually behaving like an evil rich guy that thinks he is allowed to do anything because he has the money. If that waiter had integrity he would have thrown him out anyways.
And the girl is clearly uncomfortable entering the restaurant. It's not even isekai so the MC should have the common sense of that world.

Dex-chan lover
@Schlaefer
If the waiter had an integrity, then he wouldn't try to throw him out in the first place. And no, this is isekai. Before living at least twice in that world, he lived in another world.

Double-page supporter
@Schlaefer This restaurant seems to be for the rich, not for the royals, but it seems the other way cause they normally are the rich. But as you can see, have a lot of money, and they suddenly suck up your ass, just like the other guests.
And I really don't see the evil rich guy, he haven't done anything bad, all he wanted was to eat some quality food, and he knew that it will go well with da money.

I dislike this mc more and more. He's such a little bitch with no balls.

Dex-chan lover
Funny thing about many rich people, they like to see themselves still down to earth and as realists, but then again they still send their children to "good" schools, buy houses in exclusive parts of towns, aso. Most of it makes sense, as being rich, makes you a target. "Your own money is something you possess. You don't talk about it!" Everyone wants to offer their children the best prospects for their future, -> "better schools". They want their children to marry into other rich families, as anyone else just has to be out there for their money (sadly often enough true, yet not a morally justifiable reason to always assume it). Yet at this point they themselves also acknowledge, that there is some differences between them and others. And those people start to see dangers, that are alright to take for everyone else. Therefore I believe (and also saw), that not few rich people picked up behaviors, that really, reeeally remind me of aristocrats. Many people with money do distinguish between classes. But poor people do so, too. XD

Now taking the above into account in regards to this chapter: People, that go out on a regular basis to eat in such an "establishment", certainly do have their "standards". This is not something your regular well off merchant or attorney would do, except on special occasions. Therefore that waiters reaction to those dragon-kidney-stones didn't make any sense. You don't accept 150 GC, if you lose out on 1000GCs later on.

Dex-chan lover
People really need to stay off of tropes pages...

But yes, those bird’s eyes are haunting.

@Operatix It's a high class restaurant. Sure, anyone with money can visit it, IF you dress for the occasion. Even in our world there are dresscodes. And judging by the reaction of the other guests bringing a slave is also a no-go. It doesn't matter if those rules are morally right or wrong. Ignoring local rules is not what a decent human would do when visiting foreign places.
What he did is the equivalent of going into a non-smoking area, lighting your cigar and blowing the smoke into other guests faces.

On the other hand, the waiters questions regarding the money doesn't make sense. If he brings a slave he should have at least enough money to afford one. (He can't know that the MC got her for free) Or does a slave cost less than a meal in that restaurant?

Dex-chan lover
This is a bit of a new take on slave treatment in harem isekais. Forcing her to get angry, rewriting her psychological oppression? Me likey

Group Leader
The whole slave trope is extremely overused but this is I think the first time I've seen the MC actually handle it well, actually trying to get the person to unlearn everything they had ingrained into them as a slave and telling her to not be afraid to speak up if something he does upsets her.
Though the story did bend over backwards to put MC in a situation where taking ownership of a slave was the best option, and the fact that he can't immediately just free her because of magic is even more garbage just to allow the story to have the token slave waifu without raising eyebrows.
Lets just hope for so many reasons this doesn't take a romantic turn, even though all signs are pointing towards just that.

why do they have to go to a five stars restaurants, and all the food that he order probably wasted for two people. This manga is all about showing off lol

Users who are viewing this thread