Front Mission - Dog Life & Dog Style

Double-page supporter
as Aizen-sensei said, that's a long arc
and we are just a few chapters away from the end of the serie

@DecentSP as a fan of the original Front Mission I wish to thank you for all the hard work you and anyone else involved put forth to finish translating this manga.

Fucking great manga.
@DecentSP thanks for finishing this thing! Great work.
and to Dispersion, Aizen-sensei, and BidHangingAddNine as well for translating the rest. Love you all <3

In the beginning a almost standard, minimal-story Mecha-War-Manga: a lot of explosions, gun shooting and gore. And of course the morale of each arc is: War is sh*t (true enough). Good art though.
Fascinating is how the Americans are depicted. The Autor must be really hating them.
But the last arc is only chuuni sh*t. Bigger, better, faster, more red paint. In the first arcs there was some realism there, but in the last arc there is nothing left of realism. What a let down. But still, good art.

Dex-chan lover
Finally sat down and marathoned this whole manga. Awesome, best mecha action I've seen in a very long time. Thanks again, DecentSp.

Preety nice mecha manga very realistic and shit ....... except for the ghost/god/teleporter man...... but he has his own niche in all of this

I agree with @rodrigez89
Basically at the end of each arc you'll feel that war is terrible. Have you ever watched Attack on Titan the part where Levi fights against beast titan while Erwin has died? The feeling of wanting the beast titan to die for causing so much death. Yeah thats the feeling i got while reading this. There were some evil characters that i wished was dead

Overall great manga. Ending is ok i guess but overall everything is excellent

Power Uploader
"Darkness-induced audience apathy" describes this series well. Just nonstop suffering. Everyone dies, the end.

Finally caught up (fashionably late) with this series after waiting for it to be fully scanlated. It's a bad ass (relatively) realistic mecha war story, what else do you want? Excellent 9.5/10, and with a lot of old school FM games nostalgia for me personally. First half of the manga are short stories, but the latter half definitely feels like the actual main FM stories.

One thing that stands out (in a weird way) is... uh, Inuzuka The Paparazzi God? Funny thing is his existence in this manga can be entirely ignored - he's mostly a narrating agent that, while sometimes directly act as deus-ex-machina-personified, he can be omitted entirely from the story and replaced with more conventional (most will argue, 'better') storytelling/world-building pieces. But I guess it's the author artistic choice, oh well.

What a hidden gem. I love this Manga so much. Great story, great art. It evoke too many emotions while reading. Thank you for whoever translating this.

Users who are viewing this thread