Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki - Vol. 4 Ch. 27

Dex-chan lover
Seems like they forgot about their agreement to ''come out'' to their friends :D

@Icryalot I wouldn't say it pisses me off but as an American I keep thinking she's like 6'2 the way she's scaled lmfao.

Probably part artistic choice and the avg height in japan is less than the west lol.

@Draymarc
I mean I'll get people saying I'm tall (6'4") in a more neutral/positive tone and those blatant stares and murmurs pretty much don't happen. People are generally more apathetic/keep to themselves and Japanese especially.

I mean I know for teenagers the world does revolve around them and this is targeted at teens but this is base/grounded slice of life not some overly dramatic or comedic slice of life

Dex-chan lover
@Icryalot
It's seinen, so it's for more adult audience.
180 cm is above the average even for western grown-up woman, let alone Japanese 15 y.o girl. Average height of 20-29 y.o male\female in Japan: 173.3 cm (5 ft 8 in)\156.5 cm (5 ft 1 1⁄2 in) according to wiki and teens are even shorter. So yeah, she is real giantess by Japanese standards, plus she is doing sport so she is pretty big overall. Japanese infamous social relationships don't help either, yeah they tend to be indirect and hide true feelings, but it's always bad thing to stand out too much in Japan, especially if you are a school student.

Users who are viewing this thread