Fukakai na Boku no Subete o - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Woah I'm seeing some very retarded comments down there, like people who click stuff they dont like just to be mad... Sad.
I'm gonna see where this is going, and I hope more romance beside the main 2 characters can rise up too.
@Brainboxer thank you for the explanation, I didn't knew about those... No wonder is hard for them.

Oh boy. More SJW liberal LGBT propaganda and promotion of literal mental disorders and faggotry. Just what we need more of...

People should read up on "intersex". I hate the gender diversity discussions the same as everyone else, but intersex is different. It actually is a third gender genetically.

Dex-chan lover
Character: I'm not a girl or a boy!

The other characters (I'm inclined to blame the translator): "he"

No wonder they left right out of the establishment. But yeah, I'd really be inclined to blame the translators given how Japanese pronouns vary vs English's he/she/(they) I've yet to ever see a translation group that properly uses 'they' despite it at least in English being the consensus choice for nearly everyone that goes with neither, as well as simply being a valid ambiguous term for a cis person you don't know the gender of, etc.

Another good example is Najimi from Komi, where some translators put 'he/she' in one text box like what's that supposed to be? Even if they do flop back and forth or something, both in one text box makes no sense.

The comments here are even worse. Intersex people (which that character might be? from the frame of reference of only this chapter) are born that way, even for those opposed to trans people, you can't pretend being intersex is a 'mental issue'. Intersex's just how like 1% of the population is born naturally, with a mix of traits, things like genitals and chromosomes and secondary sex characteristics can be mixed up or even entirely different from 'the norm' in the case of chromosomes. Typically intersex people are assigned male or female at birth, but often their body naturally grows contradictory to that, to varying degrees.

These characters deserve better than what the comments here put out there. Real intersex people deserve better. Even non intersex people don't deserve these armchair psychologists.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@jangankangkung
You are perfectly within your rights to state that you dislike a manga. However, it's bad form to shame other readers who enjoy this manga.

Please think about how to post more considerately in the future.

Thanks,

Zeph

Aggregator gang
After all, I really don't get what type of people and for what reason actually like reading manga like these, where literally every character shown so far was male and all but one of them actually looks and acts like a man normally would...

Fed-Kun's army
Is this the equivalent with those western comic about gender was nothing but social construct?

I'm fine with genben, traps, or crossdress but with this type of story ... I'm gonna stop here.

And before anyone preaching me, I just want to say that I believe THERE IS ONLY TWO GENDERS, ITS MALE OR FEMALE JUST LIKE THE BIOLOGY THOUGHT IN SCHOOL.

Dex-chan lover
68 genders - the manga.
Well, after all this and that, is there any ship?

@Karsh well there you said who this is probably intended to xD, biologically male people that dont identify as male, or just people curious about gender in general

Fed-Kun's army
look, im all for diversity, but this reads like a PSA, its so preachy.

Fed-Kun's army
@Brainboxer Intersex is so much more then non-XX/XY

theres XY but born with female genitals entirely, this is CAIS
XY but micropeen and testes are in the abdomen
XX but no uterus and an underdeveloped V

theres even Chimerism where some people have both XX *AND* XY cells

secondly, @Brainboxer and @TheOne320 ... Intersex are not a "Third Gender" ... intersex people are still male or female (btw, "Futas" aka Hermaphrodites are a myth, they dont exist, only 3 intersex people came close but its not true hermaphroditism)

some Intersex people may identify as a gender other then the one assigned to them, others may identify as neither and just identify as "Intersex" (as this character does) ... those are all valid and the medical field allows them to do this due to the nature of the condition, however at base level, we are still male or female

@Fari many people who identify as neither will use she or he, it just depends how comfortable they are with it, however your notes on Intersex are very well done, and im sad everyone since your comment have ignored it and continued to act like this is something like trans, thanks though.

@Straborvsky this character isnt trans or anything, they are Intersex, a physical condition from birth in which their body has issues with the reproductive tract, this can show as genitals which look neither male or female, Intersex people have a medically valid situation for being what they are. and yes, in this case, this character is *technically* male or female (we cant know which without knowing their condition first) but due to the complexity of intersex conditions, what their "true sex" is, is irrelevent.

@ngkn92 same with you, this isnt a trans situation here, they have a medical condition
@bobo this isnt a trap
@FrenzyMode they are intersex, not a helicopter
@Askun intersex, not gender identity disorder, intersex is physical
@bradek its not gender identity, its intersex, they are most likely troubled due to Japans poor support for intersex individuals
@KebabRemover the MC is actually the one and only clear dude, secondly, the one you think is the "MC" isnt trans, they are intersex, and your comments are very uncalled for
@dreminh dont bring politics up, and its not really a gender, intersex is a physical condition

@ribbitribbitsaga they are not "objectively a boy" ... we dont actually know what their specific condition is, but as they are intersex they generally arent completely either, and what sex they are is very complicated

@phoenixir i dont mean to be that girl, but they arent a feminine genderfluid, they are Intersex, as clearly implied by the big brother and the look at their sex marker (M*F)

@brunocar this is probably the VERY FIRST manga i have EVER read that even HAS an intersex character, let alone focuses on one, this is a very great thing for people like me

links to read:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex
http://www.isna.org/faq/what_is_intersex
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complete_androgen_insensitivity_syndrome
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XY_gonadal_dysgenesis

Sources: Myself, an Intersex Girl.... I have PAIS (Partial Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome) which is a male disorder (affects XY people) in which we are mostly, or completely immune to testosterone, this gives us anywhere from slightly feminized male bodies, to mostly femininzed bodies (CAIS is the complete form which is 100% immune and have a full female body)... i am legally female though i dont particularly care if people see me as male or female or neither, means nothing to me, im just a girl who looks a bit androgynous and have defunct genitals lol

sorry for the long post, but i really wanted to clear this stuff up, since Intersex seems to tend to get confused with transpeople and theres a lot of mis-information spreading around

Group Leader
So much autism I didn't read it.

Edit: If you have a benis, you're a dude, you may be a failure of a man but that doesn't make you a woman, just a failure.

Fed-Kun's army
@Nari thats not my point, my point is that it feels preachy, its simply bad writing, im a bi man and dont see that many bi characters, but learning that axton from borderlands 2 was bi did bring a smile to my face, because it wasnt on your face about it.

Double-page supporter
@Nari
Even if they are intersex, you agree they are a male on first basis due to your own experience.
I have PAIS (Partial Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome) which is a male disorder (affects XY people) in which we are mostly, or completely immune to testosterone
That legal girl jargon seems like a huge cope due to not being able have testosterone You never use the term biological..

Users who are viewing this thread