Fukakai na Boku no Subete o - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
I was just thinking about this and it updated!

*Reads chapter*

Finally Mei-chan You go be yourself, girl!

Double-page supporter
NONBINARY BTFO

Hopefully there's a character that rationalizes his decisions if this goes the trans route.

Dex-chan lover
Wait.... I thought "watashi" was a gender neutral? Because the TN says: "a feminine pronoun"

Group Leader
@pink_rabbit Watashi can be both gender neutral or feminine depending on context. Usually it's considered feminine outside of formal contexts, like business meetings or speeches, or from foreign learners of Japanese, where it is more gender neutral. But in casual conversation it's considered generally feminine.

Wait wait, is Suzu the same Suzu from author's previous work? His boyfriend is Haruto? So in a sense this is some sort of sequel to Kimi Dake no Ponytail

"I thought "watashi" was a gender neutral? Because the TN says: "a feminine pronoun""

It's a "dignified" way of referring to oneself - for example priests and high ranking monks also can use it. Byproduct of disgusting sexist patriarchy that used to put women on a pedestal and in general imagined them to be more "refined" and "better" than men. Or maybe of just complementary qualities, who knows, but that also implies something.

...cat's out of the bag now though.

Dex-chan lover
@Hollow7F I was mainly talking about Mei, but I guess it applies to the nb character as well all the same. I just find solace in seeing characters being accepted for being trans, 'cause it sure as hell ain't happening to me irl ahaha

Dex-chan lover
a glass is either full or empty, this makes no sense!

Dex-chan lover
How to Go From the Worst Character to the Best Character in 2 Chapters

(the transgirl i mean)

Users who are viewing this thread