Fukakai na Boku no Subete o - Vol. 5 Ch. 26

Hmmmmmmmm...

On one hand, I think the backstory does a good deal to show the dad's character motivations, but also... It feels like a little too late for this?

Dex-chan lover
the first few pages caught me off guard lol

@fujoshi-sama
i hope so. but most likely wont, or at least wouldn't fully break the cycle (he barely holding togther when mogu said mogu have disporia, when he meet mogu bf, that is going to be intresting... )

Yes! Finally, a new chapter. If only I didn't have so much work, I would read it right away! Thank you, @Tooko, for the always on-schedule uploads :D

"Well, he is actually my boyfriend and the cafe owner's little brother"

Dex-chan lover
PUNCH THE DAD
PUNCH THE DAD
PUNCH THE DAD
PUNCH THE DAD
PUNCH THE DAD

Double-page supporter
You know what. This series deals with some important issues that need more talking about. It's not talked about enough. This series does a good job of highlighting a tragedy that should not exist.

But I HATE the storytelling. I do hate the way things are being told, and every character is a mixture of incredibly dumb and naive. There's a element of Japanese culture that is to blame for a small portion of this. But mostly, it's the bad writing of the story. I want to drop this.

Dex-chan lover
Japanese culture is really fucked huh.
Couple people living their lives the way they want not hurting anyone

"aren't you and them just selfish"

Double-page supporter
i do kinda like the dad's backstory as a way to show the feelings that can cause friction between queer people and their families, but uhhhhh too bad for all of those in his position, we'll be fine lol

@stretch22 I feel that. Every time a new chapter is posted I debate just not reading and dropping. The scanlator group does such a good job too so that’s usually what brings me back tbh

the dad is gonna get an aneurysm

These cliffhanger chapter endings are gonna give me an aneurysm...

Also, anyone else notice the irony of dad calling other people selfish when he's the one refusing to get out of his own head and try to see anyone else's side? There's a part of me that has a hard time completely blaming him; I know there's a strong tendency in Japanese culture to conform for the benefit of others/keeping society harmonious, and he's certainly made sacrifices himself to that end, but... When your kid's clearly not revolting just on a whim, and has even (as of this chapter) apologized that it's caused the family trouble, it's high time to set try setting aside some of your preconceptions and actually try to understand...

just want to say two things:
1. i hope no one's getting violent in the next chapter
2. people gotta realize that not all backstory is there to redeem/justify a character's shitty behavior

also apparently we have two chapters left until the ending!

Dex-chan lover
Hey, that's a pretty realistic dad. Deeply embedded beliefs are pretty tough to change.
Wouldn't be surprised if he got violent given the stress he's going through.

Users who are viewing this thread