Fukakai na Boku no Subete o - Vol. 5 Ch. 26

I kinda figured the dad had that style of upbringing, which isn’t exactly bad, but it does lead to that gap of understanding. He’s not technically wrong about his role as a dad: teach his kids so they can have a good future. But, it’s the rooted beliefs and ideas that came from his own experience with his father that makes it hard for him to understand Mogumo. His father may have been good, but it also taught him this idea of men having to be masculine and strong and whatnot, and raising kids to those stereotypes is not good, regardless of if that was how you were raised or not.
Even so, that doesn’t excuse what he’s said and done. It doesn’t take that many words to hurt a person, and his way of acting is terrible. He might not understand, but he should try to learn if he legitimately cares for his child before jumping to a conclusion like that.
Hopefully Tetsu can help the situation, hell, even bring Koto-chan in here if it’s needed. I doubt the guy will change any time soon, but he needs to get the information in his head so he can actually think about it for once

Obviously, understanding where a character comes from does not mean justifying his actions.
That said, I really do understand where the dad is coming from, especially with his upbringing. Sticking to those believes as an absolute rule is what causes the problems. Still, he has harmed his family and he has to realize that, own it, and apologize for things really to change.

Let's see what next chapter brings 🙏

Dex-chan lover
I enjoy how the dad got some backstory showing in part why he is like this but very much not justifying his actions, he is still entirely a garbage person. When Sakura was given backstory and reasoning, it did justify her acting in the way that she did and it was done really well since she is a young teen who's dealing with a broken family, an eating disorder, an abusive father, a depressed and dysfunctional mother, and a suicidal sibling, where its entirely understandable in my opinion why she acts like she does (such as how she had both resentment and love/care for Mogumo). But their dad is just a terrible human being and that backstory shows that he has failed so far in becoming a better person, instead relying on the abuse which his own dad used and forcing his own views and lifestyle onto his kids. While this manga is ultimately about acceptance, a large part of me doesn't want to see him get redeemed in any way in the coming chapters by way of coming to accept Mogumo. Cause the pain he's caused isn't something that can just be reconciled in an evening and he doesn't deserve to be around those that he has abused, even if he opens himself up to accepting his kids as they are.

@smolbaka
What a lack of a father figure does to a mf
Care to explain more?

@Orangechrisy

Dont bother, that user has been extremely transphobic and anti-Mogumo in the comments section for a long time now. Best to just ignore.

It's to the point that it makes no sense they are even reading a series like this since they miss the entire point.

Dex-chan lover
Goddamn, the spicy meter is going up fast!

Also, thanks for raising awareness of lgbtq+ community

@Orangechrisy dad seems to be trying to do the right thing, the thing is he has pretty dated set of valors and world view.

He never raised his hands, and It seems he thinks their problems are cuz HE failed, personally I would prefer seeing him learning and understanding and trying to better himself so the family can try to heal and be funcional again.

Again no arguing that he did horrible but he didnt do it of hate or some sadistic pleasure, he did because he doesnt understand and that is redemable imo

Dex-chan lover
i just binge read this and i literally shouted when this was the part it stopped. cliffhangers man. hate them so much JUST LEME KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. Im so worried aaaaa

Having info on the dad though process really made the story flow better to kinda understand why he was saying all that and the things that are going to happen on the next chapter is something i will really look forward to.
On the actions of both mogumo and the dad honestly mogumo was way worse on the actions he took, the dad could be more understanding but considering how he used his own experience with his dad made it more reasonable and the fact that mogumo reached the point of threatening his own life in front of the mom like that was pretty bad.

Dex-chan lover
@PanicTears Yeah, I know, I called them out for their crap in the main comments of the manga last month. It's annoying seeing such blatant transphobia every month.

@Suerte13 The dad may feel like he's just trying to do the right thing in his own eyes, and he may think in to himself that he is the one at fault, but all of his actions and words are filled with blame and anger at the others. He doesn't say to Mogumo "What did I do wrong?" or "I failed you" but instead "You're being selfish" and "You're just full of yourself", and when Mogumo apologizes for their actions, he doesn't say "I'm sorry too", he says "If you feel sorry than show it" (while trying to force them to cut their hair). His actions aren't out of sadism, but they are in part hate, hate of non-conformity and of being trans. But even without that, his actions and words are still reprehensible. They are redeemable, but not quickly. With what this manga is about, he will likely come to accept Mogumo after they and Tetsu talk to him, but I don't think he should be redeemed with a simple "I'm sorry, I was wrong, I accept that you're like this". These sort of relationships take time to repair.

@lycorizu

its ending already!!?!?!?!?!?

thats so sad ;-;

I love this manga so much and its such good representation and so relatable and aaaaaaa

Huh. I sure didn't expect to suddenly get thrust into Mogumo's dad's backstory. It definitely does do a good job at showing how he turned out the way he did, but the story also makes it clear that his actions towards Mogumo are meant to be seen as wrong. It's telling that he makes the whole thing to be about him and never ONCE apologizes to Mogumo for the way he treated them and contributing to their dysphoria. He never once asks "What did I do wrong?" or "How can I be a better father to you?" Oh, and the idea that Mogumo became non-binary JUST because he spent more time with female family members is bullcrap. The fact that he's claiming everyone else is selfish and full of themselves when he himself is the one refusing to acknowledge his own part in everything is especially telling.

Basically, enforcing gender stereotypes on people is shit.

Something something toxic masculinity something something...
Anyways, I'm really looking forward to the upcoming confrontation between the father and the boyfriend.

ahaha i hate gender stereotypes
i'd tag along with mogumo to show the dad that there are in fact a lot more people like mogumo lol.

Users who are viewing this thread