Fushi no Kami: Rebuilding Civilization Starts with a Village - Vol. 4 Ch. 18 - To the City of Hope

Dex-chan lover
An MC equipped with the trap sensing skill? In manga? Whaaat?!
MC seems to be observant type so he probably can detect the difference in body structure and other small differences. There is also his past life experience where some women dress like men and vice versa so he know where to look

Last edited:
Isn't the name Sakura as in Cherry blossom like the town's symbol and the cherry petals in the panels?

Isn't the name Sakura as in Cherry blossom like the town's symbol and the cherry petals in the panels?
like a lot of names in fantasy series, I'm sure it is Sakura but intentionally slightly misspelled like Gald in the Tales of ~series or Zennys in Capcom games

Dex-chan lover
like a lot of names in fantasy series, I'm sure it is Sakura but intentionally slightly misspelled like Gald in the Tales of ~series or Zennys in Capcom games
May be a loan word, from a foreign country, since everything else is German sounding, just Maika's family has eastern sounding names. That would explain the county name being slightly misspelled.

I wonder if the j novel version could be referenced? Pretty sure they are ahead of this (I believe they are already in the school/ research phase of the story | at least 2-5 chapters ahead)

I wonder if the j novel version could be referenced? Pretty sure they are ahead of this (I believe they are already in the school/ research phase of the story | at least 2-5 chapters ahead)
J novel is the official publisher and that sounds like plagiarism lol, but I did in fact look into the official English Light Novel to get a better grasp of certain terms and lines of dialogue

J novel is the official publisher and that sounds like plagiarism lol, but I did in fact look into the official English Light Novel to get a better grasp of certain terms and lines of dialogue
Not directly but to learn the typesetting and stuff...

The text would definitely be considered that, but at least by referencing it the quality could be improved

Not directly but to learn the typesetting and stuff...

The text would definitely be considered that, but at least by referencing it the quality could be improved
I think you need to pay to read chapters on J novel club past a certain point, and if there's J novel club English chapters already floating around somewhere, I'd rather I figure out the type setting stuff on my own; it's the photoshopping stuff that's slowing me down, with background gradients and such

Supporter
Not sure if it was just a translation oddity, but did the uncle say that his little brother was one year younger than his niece?
I guess grandpa and grandma must still be relatively active and healthy...

That's going to make the honorifics and kinship terms a bit weird...

edit: ah, I see it is going to be even more complicated than that.

Users who are viewing this thread