Futari Solo Camp - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Our Solo Camping Ruuuules!

Contributor
As predicted, the only way this "works" is if "solo" is redefined as monogamous marriage.
For this to be a happy end manga story, it ends up just becoming a romance story between a self-sufficient guy who's rough around the edges and prefers solitude and a happy-go-lucky woman who has no qualms about threatening high-level crimnal offense charges towards strangers to get her way.

But she's sexy and cooks delicious meals, so everything's forgiven, haha LOL!

Gen escapes to the parks to camp so that he doesn't have to interact with anyone. He likes zero interaction with people as his ideal vacation. The girl is the opposite and needs social interaction to feel happy and be herself. The only way this works is when these two become a romantic couple, achieved in one way: Gen compromises.

Easy, because she's got big boobs and made him breakfast, haha INTERCOURSE!

Before this was kind of interesting just to see what horrible shit the girl would pull next but now that we've swerved away from that it's just sort of dull?

Group Leader
That was commendable.

Also, there's nothing that can make some of you degenerates happy, is there?

Contributor
@caitsith
I dunno, man.
I don't think a publicly indecent woman stealing my equipment and food who blackmails me by threatening me with false accusations of rape and sexual assault to both keep me silent about the criminal offense she committed and to further manipulate me by demanding my personal involvement and sacrificing my free-time to act as her servant instructor...all while I repeat over and over, "no"...

I can't say I'd be "happy" about all that? Her behavior doesn't get a free pass because she's cute and made a tasty meal.

Alright, calm the fuck down. You don't need to continuously call out the manga on its bullshit every single fucking chapter, I think we get it by now. Your complaints aren't going to change anything.

Dex-chan lover
I re-read this again without bias, she somewhat redeemed herself. Grew up and being slightly independent is a nice change.

I'll gloss over the accusations and get rid of the hate boner. Let me enjoy the interaction of two polar opposites with some camping shenanigans

Dex-chan lover
@caitsith All they really needed to do was prove he didn't actually want to be alone and enjoyed her company, yet it fails miserably at that. She comes off as insane. It's suicidal behavior on a woman's part to chase after a strange man and leave yourself alone in the woods with them no less.

There was a brief moment in the second chapter where it seemed like she made him nostalgic for camping as a child, but they need to establish that being completely alone isn't enjoyable.

Group Leader
@Ironclad I don't see why he can't enjoy camping alone now, but realize later that camping with others isn't a bad thing? Does the core tension between the two lead characters need to be resolved within the first few chapters of the series? I really don't get it.

Dex-chan lover
A scene of growth for the girl. Let's see if she gets better.

Dex-chan lover
Again with a recipe that would be a pain to do over a bonfire. He should have at least pointed out that if you must have milk on a camping trip, take the Tetra Pak stuff. That won't go bad for months if closed, and will spoil much slower than usual milk when opened.

Dex-chan lover
@ColorfulSongbird
Well, no. This would also have a happy ending if the girl significantly grows as a person, the hero mellows out and opens up to her, they develop a relationship, and the hero discovers that he enjoys camping with a significant other as much or more than camping solo, in short, with both of them becoming happier and better people than in the beginning of the story.

Tbh I will ship them once she says sorry for the blackmail she did

@SeryjVolk there was a sign saying “no open air fire” in the previous chapter so chances are they bought their own portable gas stove.

She didn't apologize. Just this makes this chapter almost irritating.

Aggregator gang
I'm impressed MC is being honest and sincere with his feelings..
But her lack of reaction and being selfish ruined it! At least be sincere instead of b*tching about it. If you like the guy just say so, instead of interfering with his life like this. How about thinking it from his point of view? No one is as sociable as you or charismatic guy.

I think she's trying to be like the big sister but the MC was sincere, he's clearly been hurt and doesn't want to be with people. Instead of being a NEET he'd rather be in nature though he might have the personality of one.

Users who are viewing this thread