Futaribeya - Vol. 10 Ch. 76.3 - Special 2: Snow and a present

Dex-chan lover
I assume the last page is supposed to be "Warm me up"?
Otherwise that back and forth doesn't really make any sense

Dex-chan lover
Why wouldn't it make sense? She's cold. So hugging her will warm her up. It's two different people talking.

Situation A (since it's kinda ambiguous who said what):
Shouko: I'm cold
Seri: I'll warm you up.
Seri (Because the last bubble is pointed to Seri): okay (??????)

Situation B:
Shouko: I'll warm you up (??????)

Situation C:
Seri: I'm cold (she just got here while Shouko has been there for a while?)

What I think actually happened:
Shouko again: warm me up
Seri: okay. squeeze

The 2nd line is also almost definitely said by Shouko, because I assume the "ah." in the background is Seri's

But idk Japanese so idk

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Situation A (since it's kinda ambiguous who said what):
Seri: I'll warm you up.
Seri (Because the last bubble is pointed to Seri): okay (??????)

Situation B:
Shouko: I'll warm you up (??????)

Situation C:
Seri: I'm cold (she just got here while Shouko has been there for a while?)

What I think actually happened:
Shouko again: warm me up
Seri: okay. squeeze

The 2nd line is also almost definitely said by Shouko, because I assume the "ah." in the background is Seri's

But idk Japanese so idk
Seri was outside. She can be cold too. In reality, she just wants an excuse to hug. She says "I'm cold," then Shouko says "I'll warm you up," then Seri says "Okay."

If Seri said both quotes they wouldn't give them separate speech bubbles right next to each other. Shouko also has the action swipe, she is the one doing the hugging, while Seri only hugs back after the fact.

Seri is craving affection and worried about Shouko's feelings. The scene works because Shouko is the one waiting for her, giving her the gift and doing the hugging. It's validation and a rejection of the worries Seri had in the chapter. Shouko is showing affection.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Idk if is been a while but.... new couple? :wooow:
Nah, they're like... the second couple in this maybe? I don't recall exactly which other duos there even were and of course they're not really an "official" couple like she even says in thsi chapter, but as characters they are one year younger than the main couple and were their neighbors in the school's boarding house.

But I know the feeling... I have big problems remembering secondary characters from the various series I've watched/read, and often even the main ones. Heh. And this is just weeks after reading them, never mind months/years.

Dex-chan lover
I've always wished Seri and Shouko got more focus post- high school arc. Of all the side characters that've been rotated in and out as the alpha couple have progressed through their various life stages, those are the two that I have consciously missed.

Dex-chan lover
I always liked Seri and Shouko, but in the past it was half a gag half a "up in the air" type of thing. To me, I like it vague because there's too much to unpack in the real world if an heiress in Japan decided to come out and date someone who's not in her same circle, I would think...

I just want them all happy.

Dex-chan lover
This is truly one of the greatest manga of our time. I honestly can't think of many things that make me feel and care for the characters like Futaribeya does.

except maybe bluey

there's just something about the dad that makes life make sense

Dex-chan lover
I'm having a crisis realizing that there's an edit button for my old comment but I can't delete this one so uh

if anyone wants to be friends and play video games dm me or smthn

Users who are viewing this thread