Futaribeya - Vol. 8 Ch. 65.3 - Bonus 3: Thoughts During an Ordinary Day

Dex-chan lover
@Lilliwyt

Which is why they WERE NOT separated because there is a clear delineation between the two. Yuri implies direct Romance between two woman and Shoujo Ai is a general overtone of Female to Female attraction instead of to the opposite sex.

Manga's like Otome no Teikoku, the side characters are fleshed out characters, and some are in relationships and some not but they are actual CHARACTERS. But this Manga up until the College arc is about these two girls and only these two girls and the side characters were just that "background".

People are just frustrated because there is an trope where actual relationships DO NOT SELL in Japan and they almost always cut Manga off at the point of dating with a shitty time skip to show progress. And this is just a slice of life Shoujo Ai, which is fine but people are getting their hopes up for the focal characters because of the tag.

Dex-chan lover
@Jackist
Which is why they WERE NOT separated because there is a clear delineation between the two. Yuri implies direct Romance between two woman and Shoujo Ai is a general overtone of Female to Female attraction instead of to the opposite sex.

That's just what western manga publishers said to separate but there is no difference in Japan between little romance and couples things. It's all Yuri. Shoujo-ai in Japan is another term for Lolicon. Hence why the two terms should be merged as one here. The difference only exist because of the publishers.

But this Manga up until the College arc is about these two girls and only these two girls and the side characters were just that "background".

And now they're not so what's your point ? There is full bonus chapters on the side couples and even flirting on normal chapters. Also the Yuri tag was added only recently like 3/4 months ago, it was tagged as Shoujo for a long time.

And this is just a slice of life Shoujo Ai, which is fine but people are getting their hopes up for the focal characters because of the tag.

If peoples have read up since the start they should know how the relation work by now. And the tags are just an oversight of the manga, of course there could be some change but that bound to happen andwhat you want to doabout the tags for that ? If it change from one thing to another, what will we do ?

These two are adorable as always. Kasumi thinking about those 7 years she'd been living with sakurako is just *chef's kiss*
And talking about those 7 years(chapter-wise) , as reader time sure flys by so fast I feel like it was only chapters ago when they had met and now they're in college and is still living together. what wonderful memories.

Lovely chapter, always nice to get a look into Kasumi's thoughts. I do find her dismissal of Sakurako's burdens and problems as 'her own' to be pretty weird, considering how considerate we've seen Kasumi be of her up to now.

Dex-chan lover
@Enaero I also found it odd. But I suspect that was more a "her struggles are her own" sort of way. Like Kasumi can't make Sakurako's worries dissappear. She can't make a job offer come any sooner etc.

Lovely chapter indeed. Thanks translator.

Dex-chan lover
At any rate as much as i love this series it always bugged me that 7 yrs has passed but still has a constant gap between them.
Even tho both feel the huge importance of the other and even have as a given that they will still be together in the future, im still frustrated how is still sort of a friendship sisterly bond than anything else. Like Sakurako when she talk about mariage but there isnt an strong actual romantic weight to it. She even made clear when asked about that "this is already enough". Wouldnt affect or change much at all tbh. Kasumi would just say "whatever" and Sakurako would be more clingy, but i would be a 10x more happier boy lol. Maybe one day... tho i feel like the author might leave that for the end, which might be getting near. I would easily keep reading ever after anyway.

@Enaero, @Amylase
Tbh i found the "her own" also i bit more about the fact Sakurako rarely share her real burdens with Kasumi. She doesnt really depend on her for important things.

Users who are viewing this thread